Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

I know this will cause a big @$$ argument....o well

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003 | 05:18 PM
|
Range Rover
Default I know this will cause a big @$$ argument....o well

any1 else have opinion on my prediction...or maybe its just a dream.............................................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 08-23-2003 | 05:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Honda does not have the ***** to produce a big bore sport quad. They would have done it by now. The raptor has been out since 2001. How much more time do they need?? They knew yamaha was going to release it a year before they did. Honda does not care about the sport quad market. They have scene the sport quad market leave there showroom and go to suzuki, yamaha, kawi, bomb and polaris with no responce. The CRF450 does not flip my trigger. Been there done that and the motor is overrated for quad use. The average consumer is just a gas and go rider and does not like to tinker. The current crf450 would be a bad choice to me. I would rather honda skip the 450 and go to the big bore.

Old 08-23-2003 | 05:23 PM
|
Range Rover

i kno they DIDNT have the *****...but money talks, theyd control the sport market for a while...ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY, NOT THE CONSUMER

Old 08-23-2003 | 06:57 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

Honda bet it all on the Sport/Ute philosophy!! They ignored sport bike R&D while they gave us one ute after another. What has come out since the 400EX?? Rancher, 250EX (sport plastic on a Recon chassis), Rubicon, Rincon, and now the 400AT. They thought they could build a bike that was everything, and the Rincon is the final result. Honda has been better than the other manufacturers at keeping the weight down, but a true sport/ute will never exist because nobody can get the weight below 600 lbs. (The REAL sport/ute is the V-Force!) I doubt there is a 650 anywhere in the pipeline.

Sport ends at 400 lbs, period!! And now Yamaha has lowered the bar to 350 lbs.

Old 08-23-2003 | 10:17 PM
|
Range Rover

reconranger...u dont think honda can make a sub-400 pound 650ex like the raptor?? IMO if anyone can do it honda can...simply because of all the research for makin the ute quads light it should be a sinch making the big-bore sport light...i have confidence in honda...but ut doesn't mean i'm gonna wait around for them to get off their fat @$$es, ill be gettin either the 450r or yfz, the craptor has WAY 2 HIGH of center of balance!

Old 08-23-2003 | 11:46 PM
Trailblazer

I have a XR650 with an hrc power up kit and theres been many a quad that thought they could handle the old xr but all I here is "MAN THAT THING IS FAST" or the best one "I GOT A BAD START" right if honda put a 650 in a quad ill be the first inline!! Until then if I want speed give me a bike.

Old 08-24-2003 | 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: reconranger

Sport ends at 400 lbs, period!! And now Yamaha has lowered the bar to 350 lbs.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img], you sure missin out on one on the best built SPORT quads

Old 08-24-2003 | 10:06 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

lilnotts-I have put in a lot of miles on the DS. To big and heavy for my taste, but probably a good choice for really big guys. While they finish desert endurance races, the bike to beat is still the little, light, 250R.