Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

is a honda rancher worth getting?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 10:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is a honda rancher worth getting?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] gotta love those ranchers and rancher owners. I've had mine for a couple months and since I've been through the 2 stroke phase of life i thought it time to get something a little slower and a lot more fun and useful. So far mine is all stock except for a blade that I bought off a buddy of mine and have yet to get it put on. Mainly got the blade for pushing a little snow around hopefully. If it ever gets below 100 deg we'll be lucky here in OK. Anyway I think I'm going to opt for some nice wheels and tires when these wear out, maybe some skid plates and possibly a winch just for the blade.
All the Hondas are on sale in Bartlesville OK. you can get a new 2003 Rancher 4x4 for 3800.00 of course that means they keep the Honda Bucks but still the price can't be beat by anyone within a couple hundred miles. All sizes are on sale so if your close by get one before the end of the month.
Check out Traderonline under Honda New the price is on the web.

JD

Old 08-26-2003, 12:13 AM
Range Rover

I bought the 2000 rancher ES, then the yamaha big bear, then the 2002 Foreman. The rancher now has about 6000 miles on it. Most of that milage was on really rough trails. I have rolled it a couple of times. Had to replace the bent handle bars once. I don't think you can make it break down. I'm thinking about getting rid of either the foreman or the big bear and getting a new rancher. It is the most dependable, easiest riding of the bunch.

Ted

Old 08-26-2003, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

ranchers are awesome, so are grizzlys

Old 08-26-2003, 03:56 PM
Trailblazer

Don't really need too say anymore than what has been said........ HONDA
I have a Rancher and the only problem I have had is I got a small pin hole in my LF out CVboot. That was before I went an got my OXLITE boot guards put on. From the dealer my steering alignment was a little off. They fixed that and she runs like a grape ape for being stock. Can't wait ti'll I get it jetted an a K&N filter kit put on it.
Any suggestions on the type of jet-kit to get??????????//[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
You woun't be disapionted w/ the Rancher. Slightly under powered w/ two on it. But has never left me stuck on a hill. She keeps luggin' till she gets to the top.
Foreman S is my second choice.

Old 08-26-2003, 11:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ijust bought a 400AT Rancher within the last 3 weeks. Its a great all around bike. You can go from Automatic to electric shift with the switch of a button. It has 2wd/4wd and is as comfortable as they get. I don't have anything bad to say about it, and I go everywhere the bigger bike go.

Old 12-27-2003, 08:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a honda rancher and I hulled my deer out on it and man that back rack didnt bend at all I would suggest buying a rancher they r very quite and they r not as big as other machines but they sure can get the job done. I have a 2001 foot shifter that is what I am ridin right now. Another thing nice about a foot shift there are not any belts becasue you are shifting gears. Plain and simple its a nice machine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-27-2003, 09:19 PM
Range Rover

Hmmm, quite a pause on this thread. From August to December.

CowboyKid,

You don't have to worry about belts on a Honda anyhow. Doesn't matter if you are talking about manual shift, automatic, or electric shift. If it's Honda, no belts.

Dusty

Old 12-27-2003, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

honda is my favorite sport manufactuer but i like yamaha utilities.I woulg go with the yamaha grizzly 600.Theyre bigger,more powerful,upgradeable.

Old 12-27-2003, 11:05 PM
Range Rover

I bought my Rancher 2004 AT 400 on December 3rd of this year. I love it. First ATV, bought it on a whim. I thought the salesman was trying to oversell me. I bought the unit and since reading this thread, I am glad I did. This is my first ATV. I put a CC blade on it, manual lift, waiting for it to snow. It was 62 degrees here today in Nebraska. Now I have reason to drive my Quad all year around. Love the blade, Cycle Country builds a great strong unit.

What a neat machine, 2/ 4 WD, ESP or Automatic Transmission. I can put my wife or daughter on it, they have fun, My son and Myself we love to shift. When pushing snow, they told me to put it in 4wd and automatic and push snow til I drop. Thanks for this great forum.

Old 12-29-2003, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

We got my fiance an 03 Rancher ES and its Awsome great utility quad 800 towing pounds for a 350 thats great. digital dash and push button 5 speed what more could you want in a utility quad and stock I think we topped it out at 48 MPH thats pretty good for a 350 buy it you will hopefully be happy

Quick Reply: is a honda rancher worth getting?