Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

HMF Pipe For Rincon??

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 03:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMF Pipe For Rincon??

Does anyone have one of the HMF pipes and K & N Airfilters installed on their Rincon?

If so what do you think of the Combo and what did you use to re-jet(size) ?

Any info is appreciated,Thanks

Old 08-28-2003, 03:24 PM
m
Weekend Warrior
Default HMF Pipe For Rincon??

GO FOR IT I HAVE 03 RED RINCON 26'' ITP MUDLITES WARN WINCH ALUMINIUM PRODUCTS WINCH MOUNT

HIGHLIFTER FRONT DISK BRAKE KIT LOVE IT BY THE WAY HMF PIPE I THINK I PUT A 170 JET IN TO START

WITH BUT HMF CHANGED JET DOWN SIZED TO A 160 JET. WITH A K&N AIR FILTER . THE BIKE IS LOOOOOUUUUUUDDDDDDDD TO SAY THE LEAST. I ALSO PURCHASED THE QUIET PACK BUT HAVENT USED IT YET. VERY QUICK ...VERY PRETTY.

ALSO HAVE 2003 CRF 450 THAT I LOVE TO RIP ON OR SHOULD I SAY THAT BEAST WILL RIP MY ARMS OFF

LATER DUDE GOOD LUCK

Old 10-25-2003, 02:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default HMF Pipe For Rincon??

I've got an '03 Rincon with HMF Exhaust with silencer (still loud as hell), 158 jet, K&N Filter, stock size Kenda Bearclaws. I love the ride of the bike. It does bog under extreme conditions even with my seriously fat a$$ on it.

I have no problem with engine breaking. It works well. I do have a problem with the front drum brakes - useless for holding when going down hills. Even without a locker I think it crawls great. At speed on trails and such it stays straight as an arrow (at least with the stock radials - not quite the same with the Bearclaws on it).

I love the ESP mode - although three 'gears' is not enough. My buddy has a Rubicon and its 5 speed ESP is great.

Transmission has always slipped a little when cold, but once it warms up it runs great.

Not too long after I had it my niece ran into a ditch at a cockeyed angle out in a field and busted up the front end pretty good. Shortly after that I had a water pump fail. Strangely enough, my Honda dealer fixed it all under warranty.

I wouldn't trade the bike for any other - but I still would like 5 speeds on the ESP like the Rincon.

The IRS is wonderful when you are riding for long periods of time - and as a general rule, like somebody else said, you don't have to worry as much about going over small obstructions - of course, I personally do since the bike sits lower with me on it.

All in all I think the Rincon is great - and I think honda did a helluva job on a 1st-model-year bike.

Mike