Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Lrd and CT pipes on 400ex

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2000, 11:14 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, do any of you have a lrd pipe or a ct pipe. I was looking at buying one of these pipes. I plan to put a jet kit and kn filter along with the pipe. All help is greatly apperciated. Thanks

Old 05-31-2000, 11:28 AM
Trailblazer

I currently have a Graydon Proline pipe on my 400EX which has helped a little, but I was in the market just as you are now. I race in some of the GNCC races and I am friends with 9 time national Champ Mike Penland so I called him because I know he runs a TC Racing Engine and Pipe. I now am waiting on my new TC Pipe. TC has been building pipes and engines for four strokes for years. LRD is no doubt a quality product but they are just getting in to four strokes for two strokes you can't hardly beat them. The CT racing pipe is not made by CT take a look at CT's and Gradon's pipe The same pipe maker makes the pipes for the both of them. They will tell you they are differant but you take a look at www.graydonproline.com and CT's pipe and tell me what you think. I to was leaning towards the LRD pipe, but I had to go with TC's pipe it is proven. The guy that won the four stroke mod class last year in the GNCC ran only TC's pipe and TC's cam! Stock valves and cylinder. There are alot of the guys in the GNCC with TC racing equipment in the GNCC series. Call Tom Carlson (TC) and talk to him he is not a salesman so don't look for a sales pitch he will give you the facts straigh up! 814-723-3514 If you don't want the TC pipe call Mickey Dunlaps Four Stroke Tech he is another four stroke race engine builder that is real good.

Old 05-31-2000, 11:28 AM
Trailblazer

Sorry posted twice

Old 05-31-2000, 11:42 AM
Trailblazer

Is there any place I can see a picture of the TC pipe?? I also have a Graydon pipe and where the two pipes go into one it rattles and leaks. What about a price on the TC pipe? I might try to give him a call in the next few days.

Thanks, Scott

Old 05-31-2000, 06:14 PM
Range Rover

I do have the LRD pipe and I believe there is another person in here that has one too!! So far what I've seen and rode, the LRD is a GREAT pipe and investment.

Old 05-31-2000, 09:36 PM
Range Rover

hey Giz400ex, what is the lrd pipe? disk or nonadjustable. and what does it look like. It looks like a pretty good deal for 299. I called them because they had 2 different pipes listed but they say they only make one. They said it would handle anything i wanted to do. one more thing, does the lrd come with a header?

Old 05-31-2000, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

trx430ex has one. I saw it in person at a poker run. It did have some minor rust on the header but the performance was outstanding. He has a pic of it that he can email you directly...I think he's outta town.

Old 06-01-2000, 05:37 AM
Pro Rider

Hey guys,

I have a CT440 and the pipe CT uses is a modified Supertrapp. TC also uses a modified Supertrapp but it is a 4" race version. If you are racing it or ride where a spark arrestor is not needed, look at the TC. The TC is very compact. It would be the toughest to damage when you have a mishap. 2/3 of the bikes at Red Bud had TC's on them. Drawbacks, No spark arrestor and the head tube [if u buy it] is a dark matte unfinished steel. A guy I know with a TC rear uses the stock headpipe, as do a lot of other people. If appearance, performance, price, quality and service are all equally important call Curtis Sparks. I run the Sparks pipe cuz I have had bad experiences w/ Supertrapp in the past. For under $400 you get headipe/silencer which are ceramic chrome plated. [no turning blue and quickly disapates heat] Spark Arrestors are available. I also have a Pro-Circuit T4 spark arrestor and the difference between it and the Sparks is unreal. The Sparks flat rips. Give it a serious look.

Old 06-01-2000, 11:07 AM
Trailblazer

I got my new TC pipe last night and put it on I have not had a chance to ride it yet but I will update as soon as I do. As far as the TC pipe not having a spark arrestor that is incorrect! The TC pipe does come with two end caps. A polished open end pipe for racing and the supertrapp disc system if you want to run the spark arrestor. The spark arrestor is the same one that CT runs on there pipes the disc with the supertrapp end cap.

Old 06-01-2000, 12:18 PM
Range Rover

Hey guys, who is TC never heard of them before. I want a pipe that will give me options down the road. My picks are now between CT, TC, LRD, and Curtis Sparks. Does sparks have a website? I thought about the procircuit too but desided not to go that way. I do want a s/a though. All help is greatly apperciated. Thanks

Quick Reply: Lrd and CT pipes on 400ex