Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

TRX450R

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRX450R

I don't know if someones amount of posts make them a better man, I don't proclaim to know everything, but having a certian level of imput in the business and participating in atving for 25 years and running I feel my information is credible enough for me to stand behind it. TRX 440, you are correct in that there was a mule at another aftermarket manufacturer, I know the one I know about has a final production version as we speak.
If on 9-10 I'm proven wrong, please, everyone let me know. Thanks, your pal mrbluehair.

Old 09-08-2003, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default TRX450R

In the newest Dirt Wheels, they also say that there may not be a TRX450. Im not tryin to get anything started, but you guys may be in for a big dissapointment. I hope Honda releases the TRX, I also hope it doesnt look like what they have a drawing of... IMO, teh only place it will beat the YFZ is in the durability department, Hondas are very refined, the YFZ has shown not to be, although it is a first year quad... then again, the TRX will be too... The TRX wont be released on the 10th, it will be introduced, at their ATV show, it could be quite some time before it goes into production.

Old 09-08-2003, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default TRX450R

Originally posted by: SRK399
In the newest Dirt Wheels, they also say that there may not be a TRX450. Im not tryin to get anything started, but you guys may be in for a big dissapointment. I hope Honda releases the TRX, I also hope it doesnt look like what they have a drawing of... IMO, teh only place it will beat the YFZ is in the durability department, Hondas are very refined, the YFZ has shown not to be, although it is a first year quad... then again, the TRX will be too... The TRX wont be released on the 10th, it will be introduced, at their ATV show, it could be quite some time before it goes into production.
Kinda contradict yourself don't you think?

Old 09-08-2003, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default TRX450R

yeah, sorry bout that. The first artical (I saw on the web with the sketche) said it would be released on the 10th (actaully introduced), but then the DW artical says there may not be one, Im kinda skeptical and dont know what to think about this whole ordeal.

Old 09-08-2003, 10:53 PM
Default TRX450R

The electric start will be an accessory kit, or they may make an EX version for the people who want it.
if you squint really hard at the artist's sketch of the 450R you can see it has a little black electric starter. of course, it's just a drawing but i don't see what else the little black starter-looking thing could be. i sincerely wish the 450R was kickstart but eh... besides, even if the E in EX stands for electric start, Honda doesn't care. they just want people to get a hard on about a new "R." And they want to signify to the unknowing buyer (or dealer) that the 450R isn't just another mild-mannered 4 stroke sport quad. it's a racer. they won't call it a 450ER either. they want to give people big red hard-ons for big red Rs in the showroom.

i bet new and improved (maybe a couple hundred bucks cheaper) 2005 yamaha YFZs with longer stroke, stronger upper A-arms, improved electrical systems, ect... are gonna come out and probably catch up to (or surpass) the TRX450R. we are entering a new golden age, the manufacturers are giving us their absolute best. when the CRF or YZF get updates, the TRX and YFZ will probably get the same.

Old 09-08-2003, 11:07 PM
Default TRX450R

also notice that the TRX450R won't have removable headlights like the YFZ450 or the older 250Rs. i'd be a little surprised if they didn't include electric start on a brand new fourstroke machine with unremovable headlights... seems counter-productive.

Old 09-08-2003, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default TRX450R

Originally posted by: SRK399
yeah, sorry bout that. The first artical (I saw on the web with the sketche) said it would be released on the 10th (actaully introduced), but then the DW artical says there may not be one, Im kinda skeptical and dont know what to think about this whole ordeal.
Don't worry about it! Everyone is getting confused with all the misinformation or lack of info. The dealer release is pretty skechty Just wait until later in the week after the dealer meeting and we will know all the details.

Old 09-08-2003, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default TRX450R

Don't worry about it! Everyone is getting confused with all the misinformation or lack of info. The dealer release is pretty skechty Just wait until later in the week after the dealer meeting and we will know all the details.
Lol, thanks for understanding, unlike some people....

Old 09-08-2003, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default TRX450R

[quote]
Originally posted by: jaycekarl10

I love your icon jay.

Old 09-09-2003, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default TRX450R

I am not trying to be rude, but I can't believe some people would believe what the magazine says about honda making a 450r, rahter than honda itself. That sketch was released bu honda. It's not just some rumor. In 2 days you can tell me i'm wrong, if i am.

Quick Reply: TRX450R