Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

jetting problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jetting problem

try a couple of bigger main jets......130 to 135....

and see what happens.

Old 09-20-2003, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default jetting problem

128 was the biggest the kit came w/ and im running a 124 right now... but i have another problem(switched the needle e clip up to groove #4, seeing if that would fix it) and i adjusted the screw which i thought was fuel mixter... but it wasnt-think i might have been a bleed line.... so i hooked up my gas tank and turned it on and leaked... so i tighted the screw as far as it could go... and its still leaking.... any ideas? quad wotn start up either

Old 09-20-2003, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default jetting problem

i cant help u there
i didnt mess with any setings on mine just changed the main

btw,
jets are only about $5.00 each

Old 09-20-2003, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default jetting problem

hey, it does run noq but when i let off the gas it will die, and it is running rich my brother and my friend really dont know anything about quads but they said if i screwed ou the fuel mixture(didnt touch it) it would not run rich and it wouldnt die when i let off the gas.... true or false?

Old 09-20-2003, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default jetting problem

ok i was running to rich, has a lot of more get up and go now,but bogs when i press the throttle hard(kinda sputters but works good still), any solutions to that

Old 09-20-2003, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default jetting problem

keep going down on your main untill she stops sputtering. simple and easy fix. Plus shel be alot faster[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And ummm Im pritty positive that if you screw OUT the air screw it will be even richer. If you need to know how to set that just ask me.....

Old 09-20-2003, 09:40 PM
Trailblazer
Default jetting problem

Yeah you kinda sound like a big retard... like you dont know what you are doing at all.... i think you should go read the damn manual stupid kid..... or get a better quad yours sounds like a POS. I doubt you could get 1500 for you quad....

Old 09-20-2003, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default jetting problem

hey, welcome to the forum you @$$, that's a good way to start out with your first post ROOK! at least he is tryin to learn how to work on his machine and not just sending it to the dealer mechanic. do us all a favor and leave this forum.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2003, 03:01 AM
Pro Rider
Default jetting problem

ok i was running to rich, has a lot of more get up and go now,but bogs when i press the throttle hard(kinda sputters but works good still), any solutions to that
You are most likely still running rich. Good news you fixed the prob with the arm/linkage etc.

Follow the above advice on dropping the main jet size till the bog goes away. did you clean the filter?

Also after (not b4) you get the current bog problem fixed with the right size main then try dropping the needle clip down one more (raising the needle) and see what that does from 1/4 to 3/4 throttle. If it runs better leave it there if its worse or bogs raise it back etc.

Sounds like your allmost done [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2003, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default jetting problem

Originally posted by: edmondoaaron
Yeah you kinda sound like a big retard... like you dont know what you are doing at all.... i think you should go read the damn manual stupid kid..... or get a better quad yours sounds like a POS. I doubt you could get 1500 for you quad....
dude seriously wtf is your problem, sparx is right at least he's trying, not everybody knows every little fu@king thing about the engine and how to do everything you got to start sometime don't you? S#it i dont either the forum is a good place to learn. at least hes trying to learn, that's the main reason for this forum is to get help when you need it and to talk to people about quads. You dont need to come on here bashing people, especially with your first post. Either leave the forum or take your pms pills and settle down, ***.

Quick Reply: jetting problem