Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 400EX vs Raptor vs YFZ 450 HELP

just alittle?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-10-2003, 10:21 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i'd say the honda or the z, with the reverse being a plus for the z and large supply of parts the edge for the ex. handling being the same basically, price ex wins, power to close to decide.

Old 10-10-2003, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

I have a YFZ and its the best trail bike I've ever ridden, including 250R's, 400EX's, and Raptors. Planning on spending all weekend on it this weekend in northern minnesota [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-10-2003, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ridley
I've got about a dozen pics of broken swingarms, and cracked frames if you would like to see them. I'm not trying to start anything, I simply post what I have seen. How many MXer's haven't broke their stock swingarms?? Only 1 that I know of, and he's not much for jumping. We have welded up about a dozen EX frames that have cracked, so don't preach your BS to me. If you want to think your ex is great, more power to ya, but I think a prospective buyer should be told the FACTS. I just get tired of listening to crackhead talk out his @ss like he really knows something, it gets a little old.
I'm not preaching anything. All i'm sayin is that the ex is a durable machine. When you're talking about an mx quad thats a whole different animal. I beat the hell out of mine and have not had any problems. There aren't many quads out there than can handle the torture of mx riding. But I think in this case Wolveriner is looking for a good trail quad, and for that the ex is great. I'm also not one to say buy one because I have one, he asked for opinions and I gave mine from the experience I have had on it. Look at what Wolveriner is asking for: Durability, Quickness, Well balanced, and hill climbing ability. I would assume the yfz should be the best in all these catagories and you can argue wich would be next the ex or raptor, wich would definately depend on riding style and what the rider is looking for. I think anybody would be happy with all three for trail riding.

Old 10-10-2003, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

I'll be the first to come to Crackhead's aid. The guy does know what he is talking about and he doesn't come into a post and start calling people idiots. Just because you think the YFZ is a great trail quad doesn't mean that everyone who doesn't think the same is stupid. I have never ridden one, but from sitting on one, I'd have to say that I would pick nearly anything else over it for a trail quad. Correct me if I'm wrong here Wolverineer, but you are looking for the best quad to have fun on while riding the trails fast all day. Is this right? If so, I'd pick either the Z400 or KFX400. They handle really good, they're pretty durable, soft seat, and pretty good power. I think the YFZ would suck for a trail riding quad. However, I think it would absolutely rock as a trail RACING quad. I just don't think a peaky four stroke with a seat hard enough to give you monkey butt after sitting on it at the dealer would make a good quad to go out and ride the trails all day. If you do, that's fine.

And about the 400ex, sport quads just don't come more durable than that. Yes, I have seen them break swingarms and I now there are some cracked frames out there. But with every failure, there was a rider that didn't have the ***** to make it to the down ramp. I ask you, is this Honda's fault? There are a lot of things that you can **** and moan about on a 400ex, but to question the reliability? That's got to be a first.

JP

Old 10-10-2003, 02:20 PM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe he got beat by a 400ex and he is a little upset. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-10-2003, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Hondanutcase

Handle better than the ex? More power? The power difference is not that great.
The Z does handle better, has better power, and it's got better technology for example water cooling. I never mentioned how much better I just said it was. Besides why would it matter how much better it is? Even if it's just a fraction it's still there. Price is good too!

Old 10-10-2003, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

The Z does handle better, has better power, and it's got better technology for example water cooling. I never mentioned how much better I just said it was. Besides why would it matter how much better it is? Even if it's just a fraction it's still there. Price is good too![/quote]

Water cooled! Who cares! That accomplishes nothing. Just more crap to woory about. And they do not handle better what so ever. They are only faster in the top end.

Old 10-10-2003, 05:14 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cant believe what i'm hearing from RIDLEYS loud mouth! Dont come in hear bashing other people or quads. Everyone reading this knows your making yourself sound like a jacka$$. As for calling ex's junk, Ive seen a lot of different bikes and wild things, and never seen a swingarm break. Not to say it has never happened, but not as much as you would like to think it does. Everyone in here has riding in comin so why bash each other.

Good quote boogerbub.

Anyways, I was considering a yfz myself, it would be hard for me to pay for if I kept the bikes I have now. And I dont want to part with my 400, it has been the best bike I have ever owned. If you are a hard core trail rider I would get the 400, the raptor is nice to, just a bit top heavy. It is all up to the type of style you have, all are great choices though.

Old 10-11-2003, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year

Quick Reply: 400EX vs Raptor vs YFZ 450 HELP