Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

2003 rincon, whats your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 10:41 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 rincon, whats your opinion

just bought one I love it, just wondering if anyone knows of any possible things to look out for.

Old 12-21-2003, 08:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

well ill tell ya i havent had any problems at all,

Old 12-22-2003, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the phillips head screw that holds the fuel petcock on. They have been coming in missing. If you fellas use them in the winter, Honda has a 0-30 synthetic oil that they formulated specifically for their fluid trans in cold climate. It's expensive but your machine will work better in the cold we have here in the upper midwest, and it's good up to 60F, and there's no worries about compatability problems. If the price bothers you, at least go with a 5-30. There is a primer located on the carb for cold weather starts and you may have to use it on very cold days, or if the machine sits a long time unused, so know where it is. If it's very cold let the machine warm up good by idling for awhile, and then driving around slowly a bit before you expect ideal tran behavior. Have seen a few subtran problems, they have been warranty, but Honda says it's caused by trying to shift it TOO slowly. Use a firm, and quick motion when shifting from neutral to drive or reverse and wait until it will idle without the choke before you engage the subtran (if the idle is too high ie. choke is on) it is harder to shift. Hope this info is helpful.

Old 12-22-2003, 12:45 PM
Range Rover

Love mine as well. The first major mod I did was the Highlifter springs. They not only match the yellow rinny by they aren't as soft and work great, especially if you plow.

I heard a lot of complaining about the stock tires but didn't think much of it until last weekend when I sliced a rear. How I did that I have no idea. Had to have been some garbage (metal) in the river I was riding on that sliced it. It was a good reason to upgrade to ITP ATRs, though, which I've heard a lot of good things about.

Old 12-22-2003, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, and to make matters worse, initially the wrong part number for the screw was listed on the parts breakdown. It was much too short. I think Honda parts fixed it though. I believe it's the same as your Rubicon's. If you pick one up better make sure. Hopefully they will remember to start tightening that at the factory soon, LOL.

Old 12-22-2003, 11:23 PM
Trailblazer

I love mine also especially after i opened the top of the carb and cut that spring in half. now it will wheelie at the touch of the throttle and it was a very cheap and easy mod.

Old 12-23-2003, 03:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The Rincon is a great machine, love mine. Only drawback is no engine braking for crawling along down steep terrain, so be careful if you ride steep trails. Especially slippery and/or technical ones. Other than that, it ride great.

Have Fun

Old 12-30-2003, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

I love the rincon, I do not have one but soon will have one. the only thing that I do not like about the rincon is that the rincon has no low-end, and it has no engine braking and the 3 wheel drive throws me off. But you can get the highlifter gearless locker to fix that problem. I think that honda has done a exalent job on the desining of the rincon. I have ridden a rincon many many times and the only thing that I do not like is the auto tranny is not the best and the engine barkeing and the fact that it has no low-end power.(as I stated above) when I get my rincon I am going to have to get these aftermarket parts:
HMF pipe
lift kit
gearless locker
warn bumpers
winch
full skid plate
ITP 589's
those are just the basics, I could list more but it is not nesasary. I have many thoughts about the 2003 rincon 650, first being, it great and honda has done a great job with it. And my other thoughts are great also. It has the best engine out there in the 650 class(in my mind) it has a honda logo on it witch makes it great and it is just a great all around cool looking, hard working, hard trailing, fighting mechine. I would have to say the Rincon 650 is a great quad, and I can not wait to see what honda has in store for the RINCON 700!

Old 12-30-2003, 07:11 AM
Trailblazer

I think it's one of the better trannys out there, and I have read that alot of other people think it a pretty good tranny also, with the exception of no ultra low gear. I still have not been in a situation where my rincon has not been able to perform. I bought the right one for me.

Peace
WN

Old 12-30-2003, 12:07 PM
Trailblazer

honda atv freak you need to ride the rinny again because from a stand still it will easily pull the front tires off the ground. it seems to have plenty bottom end for me

Quick Reply: 2003 rincon, whats your opinion