Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

TRX450R Will Be VERY Detuned

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRX450R Will Be VERY Detuned

If there is one thing I have learned is that dealer's don't know ****. The Honda probably will be detuned but no one will know how much until they have ridden one, including the DEALER! Not trying to come off in the wrong way, just don't like dealer's. They are right up there with lawyers in my book [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][/quote]

well if you think about it, its smart. Im not takin their side because i dont agree with it. They detune it so you can go spend a couple hundred more on the already over priced machine IMO to make it "better".

Old 10-15-2003, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

atkins the shocks are not as good as the aftermarket as a matter of fact they are the same shock that yama uses on there rear of there yz85 but still nee improvement. the reason that thy are detuned is because the whole world arent racing them some people are just using them for sport riding, not sport racing and all sport bikes are not race redy none of the sport atvs are "race ready" they are sport atvs not race atvs. unfortanally the all need to be widened and better suspension to be better racers and , yes they are all corked up its too bad I dont like it either but thats unfortanatlly how the manufactures are.

Old 10-15-2003, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sandneck
YFZ is detuned as well, it has a green sticker, corked up muffler, retarded cam, and all the racers are ditching the stock shocks too. So I imagine it will be just about the same as the YFZ, just red and reliable.
You can buy the Honda drop in cam for less than 200 bucks and you put on the pipe, you are the same as a Yammy, for less cash.
Blind Loyalty is killing some of you.
Im not brand loyal, Ive owned em all Zuki, Yami and Honda. I was planning on buying the TRX450R until I saw the specs. Sure the YFZ is corked up but spend 10 dollars and an hour and you have a machine that is going to be hard to beat.

I wonder if the TRX will put down the power like the uncorked YFZ, even with the carb and cam?? but that puts you over the YFZ's price and you still have higher seat height, less travel, less compression, smaller exhaust valves (compared to the CRF) and only a kick starter

well see in January. Im ready!!

Old 10-15-2003, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

I always used specs as a defense when I had my Raptor...thats all I have to say about specs

The answers come in January

Schwendi and I will match them up ASAP at the track and let everyone know

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-15-2003, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RacinJason
I always used specs as a defense when I had my Raptor...thats all I have to say about specs

You could probably beat me with a 250ex on the track [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I hope Im proved wrong about the 450R and its a monster out of the box ... but Im not holding my breath

Old 10-16-2003, 03:25 AM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for a long while now honda hasnt been known for being the fastest out of the box vehicles. hell, R's are incredibly slow stock.

Old 10-16-2003, 04:15 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
I will be detuned in every aspect. Motor, shocks, swingarm etc. Know that everybody nows what honda is going to release i am sure yfz450 sales have surged again. lol
Yup, that's why I got mine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2003, 04:18 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sandneck
YFZ is detuned as well, it has a green sticker, corked up muffler, retarded cam, and all the racers are ditching the stock shocks too. So I imagine it will be just about the same as the YFZ, just red and reliable.
You can buy the Honda drop in cam for less than 200 bucks and you put on the pipe, you are the same as a Yammy, for less cash.
Blind Loyalty is killing some of you.
I'm not a blind loyalist at all. Honda took too long and does not impress.
The power up kit is $400, not $200, and you still gotta replace the carb for at least $375, no E-Start, Ti valves or a decent rear linkage..
For $11 you can totally hop the YFZ up to about 50 wheel HP.
Wait til they ride it and discover what else needs improvement to match the YFZ.

Old 10-16-2003, 04:24 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: schwendi
Originally posted by: RacinJason

You could probably beat me with a 250ex on the track [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I hope Im proved wrong about the 450R and its a monster out of the box ... but Im not holding my breath
I wanna watch. In fact, let's drag 'em. I can handle my own there huh Schwendi. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I'm not that fast on the MX track yet though. Being old and stiff doesn't help.

Old 10-16-2003, 10:20 AM
KGB
Pro Rider

Atkins,Then how come the local Utah racers w/ no sponsors are running TCS, Elka? Listen to what Ridley said.
Schwendi, I know the kit is $400, but do you think you need to sepnd that extra $200 for a jet kit and snorkle? Just buy the cam and uncork the pipe.