Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Help me decide? Rincon or 450 S Foreman?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 07:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me decide? Rincon or 450 S Foreman?

I think I've got a buyer for my 400 EX, so I'll need to make my mind up FAST to get an 03 deal. I went today and looked at some more ATV's and the Rincon keeps standing out too me, BUT is it as reliable as a Foreman 450S? The dealer told me that the Rincon didn't have a lot of engine breaking on down hill grades. Will the Rincon have more bottom end power that the Foremans SUPER LOW 1st gear? The low gear is REAL IMPORTANT since I hill climb about 30% of the time. Top end speed doesn't mean anything to me. I want torque and low power. I like the ideal of IRS since I rarely tow anything heavy. I don'k know how well I will like the Automatic since I had a Polaris that I hated, but I hear good things about Hondas AUTO.

Another factor is resell value. I buy a new bike every 2 years usually and I want a bike that will hold its value. I've generally been able to get my purchase price back on my bikes since I try to keep them looking like new. I think that a Foreman would sell better that a Rincon, but I could be wrong.

I've been told that the Rincon has tons more power than a Foreman, but is this TOP END power or a BOTTOM END power comparison?

One thing I like about the Rincon is that it doesn't have any computer dashes on its handlebars. I'm afraid that if someting went wrong and the bike flipped the Foremans computer pod would be destroyed. I'm sure that would be some serious MONEY!

Help me make up my mind FAST.

Old 11-01-2003, 08:55 PM
BSA
Pro Rider

The Foreman 450 has great bottom end power. If you want low end power you cannot do better than the Foreman.

It is geared low, it's top end is a little over 50mph.

The ES is great. With the ES you get full floorboards which is an important safety feature.

If you are concerned about flipping, with the Foreman's low center of gravity and swingarm rear suspension, it really secure on hills and off camber turns. Everything else is going to be rolling down the hill before the Foreman.

Old 11-01-2003, 10:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The Rincon has a dig. speedo similar to the Foreman.

Old 11-01-2003, 10:05 PM
Trailblazer

Yes, but it looks like it would be safe if you flipped the bike.

Old 11-01-2003, 10:25 PM
BSA
Pro Rider

The digital speedo is fairly well buried in the handle bars, but rolling a Foreman is not likely. You would almost have to do it on purpose.

Old 11-02-2003, 08:57 PM
Trailblazer

The digital pod on the ForeMan if you break it is $600 from Honda plus labor.I made sure I took out insurance from State Farm on my ForeMan this time it cost $290 year but WELL worth it!! I also got the 42 month extended warranty from Honda. Better safe than sorry especially when it only added $10 more a month to my payment.
The ForeMan is a better choice for LOTS of torque my top speed is only 48mph but I need torque to get those "Big Ol KY. Bucks" out of soybean bottoms.
The best ATV I have ever owned and I have had several I am not loyal to one brand but I will only own a ForeMan fron now on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Mike

Old 11-03-2003, 04:40 AM
Trailblazer

What about the Rubicon? Just curious why this isn't being considered?

Trending Topics

Old 11-03-2003, 07:51 AM
Trailblazer

O3, it is, but I can't see that the Rubicon is worth $750 more. If I do that I'll bump up and get the Rincon.

Old 11-03-2003, 08:24 AM
Trailblazer

Go with the Foreman. I do some slow steep hill climbing and have not yet even felt uncofortable in the way the Foreman feels on climbs. It has also proven to be very stable on hillsides, bumps, ditches, just about anything you would want to crawl through. It's almost like the tire are glued to the ground.

Very happy with the Foreman's ability to work as well. We had a bad ice storm last winter and I have been using it to drag out tree tops from all over our farm. I've not been let down yet.

You know with the money you'd save you could buy a snow plow, winch, or maybe a mower.

I'm sure, no matter which you pick, you won't be disappointed.

Old 11-03-2003, 01:12 PM
Trailblazer

I would pick the Foreman. To me, the Rincon is still new and I would wait a couple years to completely depend on it, but if you only keep it for 2 years, then it's a different story. For your needs, I would get the Foreman, some say it replaced the Fourtrax 300 in reliablilty. I would be a little worried about the ES models b/c i've heard of them failing, and it's no fun being stranded!

Quick Reply: Help me decide? Rincon or 450 S Foreman?