Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

A Honda dealer ticked me off today!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003 | 11:38 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default A Honda dealer ticked me off today!

If you read these posts everyday I've been trying to make up my mind on what Honda ATV to buy. I decided I would go with a Rincon. I had full intentions of buying at Abernathys, but they are 8 hours away, so I'm looking at about an 800 mile round trip. Before I did make the trip I let all my local Honda dealers have a chance before I made the trip to Abnernathys. They couldn't come close to there 03 prices since they had sold out of them. After that I went and bought a Cycle Trader to check out some of the deals. I saw a dealers ad in the Cycle Trader giving some fairly good prices (There ad said "WE WILL NOT BE BEAT ON ATVS") in BIG BOLD letters. Well after calling them they said they would give me a fairly good price on my trade over the phone. So I went and cleaned up the bike, so it would look good (I bought some Armour All and some other cleaners costing me about $15). The dealer was about 2.5 hours from me. After loading my bike on the truck I called to make sure these prices were out the door he said yes, but there is a $100+ paperwork title fee. All of the other dealers were charging $8 for a title and paperwork. This kind of stuff annoys me with dealers plus the ad "We will not be beat on ATVS" They were about $300 to $600 more on each bike above Abernathys + add another $100 on to there paperwork fee. This same dealer also said Abernathys was charging extra fees onto the final cost (this wasn't true since I called them yesterday) IMO, I don't think its ethical to bust another dealer when you are adding $100 for some paperwork. Now that is what I call some add on FEES! I have a big mind to call Honda today and tell them about their ad in the Cycle Trader and make them honor Abernathys price since they "We will not be beat on ATV's" I wouldn't have had a problem with this if the dealer would have told me about the paperwork/title fee from the start instead of making it sould like there prices were out the door + TAX! BTW, this same dealer was trying to make it sould like the green models were more than the red and yellow models by a tune of $300! I just laughed at him, (I wasn't born yesterday)

Would you call Honda about the ad or chalk it up as another unethical dealer?

Old 11-05-2003 | 12:47 PM
Trailblazer

If it were me I would definitley call Honda and let them know what is going on. They may or may not do anything about it but at least you tried. You could also talk to the owner of the dealership and let them know what transpired. Unless that was the owner.....

Glad to see you made a decision on the Rincon. Wish I could make up my mind. I'm still not sure which way I am going to go. Maybe after a test drive this weekend I will be able to make my mind up. From all the posts I have read everyone that owns a Rincon is thoroughly happy with it.

Please keep us posted on how things go and how you are liking the bike!!!!!!

Old 11-05-2003 | 12:54 PM
|
Trailblazer

03, this is what made me decide on the Rincon. Check this out!

http://atvnews.com/output.cfm?id=182215

BTW, where can I get a good deal on a set of ITP 589 tires? I'm going to go with the 26" models.

Old 11-05-2003 | 02:56 PM
BSA
Pro Rider

I bought my Foreman 450ES at Abernathy. It was 450 miles each way and was well worth it. I bought my ITP 589MS tires from Abernathy for $280 installed at the time of sale. They took the OEM tires in trade.

Old 11-05-2003 | 05:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

When I was looking to buy my Rincon,I to found that the prices in the ads in cycle trader or boat bike and rv trader were either wrong,or they had sold out of them at that price.I called every Honda dealer from Oklahoma City to Union City Tenn. and the one with the best price was http://www.bartlesvillecyclesports.com/ .There were no add ons and no sales tax if you had a farm card.I noticed in a paper yesterday they had 04 Rincons at $6499.Get the Rincon you will love it.

Old 11-05-2003 | 06:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think I'd just chalk it up and vow to never buy anything from them.-

But if you call Honda it'll probably be a long distance phone call and they'll put you on hold. So why don't you just e-mail them a letter? They'll probably have someone call you back to talk about your complaint or maybe just e-mail you a response.

Old 11-05-2003 | 09:21 PM
Trailblazer

Tell those greedy morons that you went on line and let everyone know about their unethical practices or B.S. adds and always mention the name of the dealership. That way the rest of us can do a search by dealership name on this site and discover their shortcommings ahead of time. I told my dealer that I would do it when he started BSing me. Don't know if it changed his approach but it'll cut into his bottom line if enough of you do this and let them know their service is being posted on this site. We could use this site like a miniature better business bureau for atvs.

Old 11-06-2003 | 03:51 AM
BSA
Pro Rider

Have you filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau??

Old 11-06-2003 | 09:35 PM
Trailblazer

No, I haven't. I'm saying if enough people rate their dealerships as to how they were treated or what kind of price they paid, we could type in our local dealers in the search area of this site and see whether or not to do business with them. Your dollar will speak louder than words. I dealt with 1 guy at sun honda in denver and felt pretty good, then came back the next week to look at the rincon and some young arrogant punk sh#$head started jacking me around. next time I go back, I'll post his name. Why not be informed with the aid of others experiences?

Old 11-06-2003 | 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

talk to anyone that will listen, tell all the story, that is the only way we can combat that kind of bs. i drove 5 hrs to a dealer and 5 hours back to save $1000.00. I would do it again tomorrow to get rid of the bs.

Quick Reply: A Honda dealer ticked me off today!