Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Does honda have plans to improve the rincon?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 12:39 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does honda have plans to improve the rincon?

Now if Honda did put the low range Hondamatic in the Rincon, could it still do 60 MPH?

Old 11-18-2003, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

If it had the same gearing as the Rubicon, it would only do about 55 bouncing off the rev limiter. I wouldn't like that but that's just me. I do 55+ quite often. A few times up to 65-67 just to see. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] lol

Old 11-18-2003, 08:28 PM
2TV
Pro Rider

Okay 3TV, according to your last post your garage may have lost more square footage of free space today (or at least one of the shadows being cast on the floor is different than it was before). So what new play toy did you bring home (just curious!), or was “tomorrow” just a relative term referring to some time in the (near) future…

Old 11-18-2003, 10:22 PM
Trailblazer

Hey 3tv don't you already have a grizzly??. how much for the rinny??

Sun November 16, 2003 12:25 PM

Yeah, that trail was more of a mountain goat path than an ATV trail. The worst part though, was that I had left a perfectly good Grizzly (WITH A WINCH ON IT!!!) home in the garage that morning. The trail might have actually been fun on the Grizzly, but on the Rincon it was a major pain in the butt.

-------------------------
Lava Red KFX700 V-Force; Elka shocks; IMS 4.6 gal. gas tank; Yoshimura dual exhaust; EPI pink spring; Acerbis Rally hand gaurds; IMS pegs & heel gaurds; ITP T-9 Baja wheels with Holeshot XCTs

Edited: Sun November 16, 2003 at 1:09 PM by 3TV

Old 11-18-2003, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

Am I missing something?? The Rincon is a blast every time I ride it. What are you guys doing different?! lol

Old 11-19-2003, 01:48 AM
2TV
Pro Rider

3TV, hopefully things will work out in your favor so you will have that new bear in your den for you and your family to enjoy in short order. You are blessed in that you have a family that likes to ride together. So far I haven’t managed to talk the ladies of my house (wife & two daughters) into going riding but my son (the youngest) enjoys it, although he hasn’t been bitten with the bug as thoroughly has I have (too many other priorities for a 16 year old who just recently got his drivers license).

The Rincon is a great machine for the masses and will take one around in first class comfort and can play as hard as the best of them (look what it did in its Baja debut), but each ATV has its ups and downs and each user has a different operating envelope. The extremes of your riding style (the ruggedness of the terrain from the valleys to the clouds via the Rockies) just happened to exceed the Rincon’s low end capabilities. You certainly already know what the Grizzly is capable of. I really like mine and it has been as reliable as an anvil so far. Yet the Grizzly is not for everybody and I wouldn’t necessarily recommend one to somebody carte blanche (I’d have to know how they ride and what they like first), mostly because of the way it handles. It is one that you need to test ride first to see how it fits into your style of riding, and for me it happened to be a great package at the time and still suits me well today…

Old 11-19-2003, 08:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have an '03 Rincon. Did lot's of reading before I bought it. Not much said about "lack" of engine breaking on steep terrain. All the reviews I have seen are raving, but not much mention about lack of EB. Honda has said they do not see this as a problem and will not give the Rincon any more EB. Which they really don't need to since the have other very good quads that will perform that task. I would have not considered the Rincon if I saw that was a question or concern. I ride a lot of steep trails and I have to ride my brakes constantly. That's the problem of not being able test ride these things before you buy them, as least around here. I have to say, other than the lack of EB on steep terrain (on logging roads and normal trails it is fine), it's a great machine. The thing has a great ride, plenty of power, and is very comfortable. The Rincon rides like a Cadillac and my Foreman ride like a dump truck. Bottom line is it's a great machine, and if you don't ride steep trails where you need the EB, I would recommend it. If you ride steep trails and need to crawl along, look elsewhere. They are mostly all great machines out there, just need to find one that you like and works to your needs. Good Luck and have fun.

Old 11-19-2003, 09:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

3TV ----

I don't understand that either, you pay good money for these things and shouldn't have to get home and say "oh man, I wish I hadn't bought that" and be stuck with it. I'm researching kids little 50's and 90's for my kids, luckily there is one dealer around here who sells 3 of the major brands and will let the kids ride before buying.
You'll like your Grizzly, got a good price on it. Prices up here in WA State are way higher. Good luck and have fun.

Old 11-19-2003, 10:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

I agree with Yellow650Rincon, I have a blast every time I ride mine.

It is a great machine. It does everything I wanted it to do. I am glad I bought it.

Old 11-20-2003, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

3TV, something must have been wrong with your Rincon. I have never had any power problems and have never ran out of power to climb any hill. Strange...

Quick Reply: Does honda have plans to improve the rincon?