Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

TRX450R Warranty????????????????

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRX450R Warranty????????????????

I aint breaking SH^T in...as soon as it comes out of the box it goes to the track
And now you have upped the ante...I'll have to get an axle and arms...just not sure what shocks I'll run yet...I had great luck with TCS and thats whats on the 400

In a theory world it would be best to break it in with the cam you will be using...the faces of the rockers and the cams get to know each other right away

From the Truck to the shop
Ftom Shop to the wash deck
from wash deck to service lift
from service lift to trailer
from trailer to track
From idle to the rev limiter

I'm ready...

Old 11-18-2003, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

Does anyone know if you can buy any parts from the HRC kit separate. I mean if you just buy the cam mod or something, and nothing else.

Old 11-18-2003, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sure it's just a kit...its only a cam air box lid exhaust tip and carb needle
you will need to do them all together

Old 11-18-2003, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

Got an update from the Honda dealer today. He talked with the folks at the honda protection plan. The 450r does come with a six month warranty and you can get the extended warranty as well. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] That is awesome!!!!!!!!! I'm a newbie at wrench turning so that is a good thing for me. I'm learning it will just take some time. The honda dealer didn't have an answer back yet on how the HRC kit will affect the warranty. If honda can install it and not affect the warranty, then I am all for it. Maybe, I'll add a k&n air filter and a performance pipe at that point. If it was a 400ex, I would just rejet it myself- however with a new bike and mods I may let Honda do the work for 100-150 bucks (guestimate).

Old 11-19-2003, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

Federal laws prohibit them from not honoring the warranty with aftermarket parts installed unless they can prove the aftermarket parts caused the failure.

Puts them in a precarious position if they deny a warranty claiming the parts they sell cause damage to the engine.....

It's always the dealer's first instinct to claim that changing anything on the bike will void the warranty. Warranty work doesn't pay well and requires paperwork. Anything they can do to get out of it, the better.

It's called the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. It's the same act that protects you from the manufacturer/dealer requiring you to run their oil, filters, etc....

Here's a little quick reading:
http://www.ravelco.net/magnusonmossact.htm

Old 11-19-2003, 04:00 AM
Pro Rider

where are you guys getting the HP #'s??? ive yet to see any dyno's, if it makes 48hp at the rear tires with the HRC kit that is more than the CRF450R. Dont tell Windham though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2003, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider

As far as the HP numbers go, they are estimates at this point. Here is the article and the suppposed (hopeful) numbers.

Article that listed HP numbers

Here is the excerpt. (Taken from www.off-road.com)

Talking with Honda R&D they claim stock horsepower to be around 42 and with the HRC Power-Up Kit you gain 13 percent. This should put you in the 48 horsepower range. What's sweeter than that? The Price $299.95 SRP. The kit consists of a replacement camshaft, spark arrester, airbox cover, intake snorkel, main jet, slow jet, and needle jet.

Old 12-05-2003, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

I have much anticipated news regarding the Extended warranty and the HRC racing kit. According to my dealer, the 450r will have the six month warranty and you can purchase the extended warranty. The HRC kit will not void the warranty if it is installed by the dealer. The Kit will be $300 dollars. No word on how much the labor and installation will cost yet. I know that I am going to have it done though. A high performance- near race ready quad with a four year warranty. That is awesome.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-06-2003, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

I'm pretty sure they cant just drop the warranty the a little law know as the Magnuson/Moss act that protects persons for this Basicly if you add aftermarket parts and your machine breaks down they can try and deny warranty but if the part has no bearing on the break down the law protects the consumer . But it still dosent protect you from your own attorney . If your dealer installs it the factory should back it or at least the dealer

Old 12-06-2003, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

42 HP stock and 48 with the kit. At the flywheel, right? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: TRX450R Warranty????????????????