Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

TRX450R Warranty????????????????

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRX450R Warranty????????????????

Will the TRX450R be eligible for an extended warranty from the Honda Protection Plan? I've talked to several dealers who aren't sure. Here is the Honda link. It doesn't say the 450R will be excluded, yet the dealers I've spoken to think it will only have the six month warranty.

http://powersports.honda.com/the_goo...%26+Off%2DRoad

Also, are there certain Yamaha Sport Atv's that don't have extended warranties? I looked on the Yamaha site and it didn't give me the option of getting an online quote for either the Banshee or YFZ450.

Appreciate the feedback.

Old 11-17-2003, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

Yes you can get an extended warrenty. But if you get the HRC kit you will lose both 6 month and the extended warrenty.

Old 11-18-2003, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why would you lose that if the HRC kit is from the factory?

Old 11-18-2003, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

Prob the same reason why a CR250 (MX bike) has no warranty at all. Meant to race...you're on your own.

Old 11-18-2003, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RideRed913
Yes you can get an extended warrenty. But if you get the HRC kit you will lose both 6 month and the extended warrenty.
RideRed913, I was curious where you were able to find this info. I have an 04 450R scheduled for delivery mid January.

Based on your info, a couple of scenarios come to mind.

1. Keep the engine stock at 42hp and keep the 6month warranty and or extended warranty. Instead of buying HRC kit, try to get a pipe and filter bolt-on setup that will get you to the 48hp range. (don't know exactly how feasible this will be yet.)

2. Say "screw the warranty" and put the HRC kit in, aftermarket air filter, jet and pipe and hope for 48+ HP and ride RED.

3. Buy the warranty, Install the HRC kit yourself and swap the camshaft in the event of a major failure. (this option may be ridiculous).

It's a little soon to make a decision as the bike won't be here until Mid January and I don't know what filters and pipes are available for it (none right now)yet. However, the yfz450 is getting 37-41 HP stock and piped and jetted max 49. So maybe the same can be done for the 450r without voiding the warranty.

When are you getting your 450r and do you plan on installing the HRC kit?

Old 11-18-2003, 09:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Learning2fly that is a exellent idea if having the dealer install the HRC kit means they will not give you a waranty then go with out it. And put your own pipe and air filter assy on i know in arizona this will not void your waranty this is a consumer friendly state and as long as whatever you install dose not directly cause any failures the bike remains under waranty. This way at least you get 6 months???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2003, 11:55 AM
KGB
Pro Rider

I also have one due whenever I get called. I was wondering what you guys think about this. I am not worried about the warranty.
But, I do wonder if I should break in the bike w/ the stock cam and pipe , then drop in the HRC and pipe, or just get right into the HRC and pipe?
Whats your opinion.....?

Old 11-18-2003, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

My guess is that you are less likely to break it in right with all the mods on. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Only because with the mods on, you will really give it hell. Oh and did I mention everybody under the sun will want to race. It probably doesn't make much of a difference as long as the motor is broke in properly, but I'm not a mechanic. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2003, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

As far as I know there isn't a warranty...as for breaking it in before the HRC kit...nah not me...mine won't start until the kit is installed along with WB exhaust if they manage to have it by January

Old 11-18-2003, 03:40 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Jason,
If all goes well, I will have a pipe, A Arms, Axle, and HRC kit as soon as the quad. I am thinking, why bother breaking it in w/ stock stuff if I am never going to run it that way. The cam needs to be broken in anyway, right? So If you did it w/ o the HRC cam, you would have to do a little more break in again, right?

Quick Reply: TRX450R Warranty????????????????