450R race quad my rear!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450R race quad my ***!

[quote]
Originally posted by: AZSAND
The dale was meant to race on a closed groomed track and thats it.

That's what they are talking about, GNC and GNCC racing only.

I might have to add the Ds Baja to the race ready mix. Why could'nt you enter a desert race with a stock Baja?

Old 11-24-2003, 10:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Sure wistech there are alway's exceptions to the rule i know smitty911 has a fast dale [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] And he is a duner too.this was starting to turn into a dale thread so i figured i better stick up for our beloved red and white. as a matter of fact i will probably buy one as soon as they hit the floor.Im getting rid of my ds's and next season im going to run a 440 ex and a 450RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRace[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

But for right now MY BIKES BIGGER THAN YOUR BIKE
MY BIKES BIGGER THAN YOUR BIKE
MY BIKES BIGGER THAN YOUR BIKE [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL.

Old 11-24-2003, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

That Honda isn't out yet but.... based on the spec differences between it and the Yamaha ... and the Cannondales performance against the Yamaha ... I wouldn't be screaming "Red" too loudly. It must be embarassing to build a brand new machine that is still simply on par with a 3 year old one. In fact, the CRF hybrids have been out a few years now ... and the Cannons seem to do just fine against them. A racer I know laughs at this new TRX. He says he's been holeshotting those Baldwin CRF's for a couple seasons now.... what does he have to worry about? Sounds like nil.

And mentioning a DS650 in this conversation should be embarrasing. They are big, heavy, 650cc's .... not a pro GNC or GNCC bike by any means as they are 200cc's over the displacement rules for the big classes.

Also... I think you should put some thought into this. When did Honda and Yamaha start R&D on these new "race ready" quads? I believe Honda said it was 3 years ago... interesting. That's the same year the Cannondale's came out and were screaming - and Cannondale was talking about sponsoring a national race team. Now why on earth did Honda and Yamaha decide to start working on this race ready quad right then - after both of them hadn't put out anything of that caliber for years? Do you think that these new quads would even have been thought of if the Cannons didn't set a new standard, raised the bar per se? I don't think so. You should be counting your lucky freakin stars that an American company had the nuts to do what the other quad makers had not done - make the best for the sake of being the best - not just make what will sell, or something good enough to keep the loyalists buying "Red" or "Blue". Without that Cannon coming out, those companies would still be happy to let you spend 20k putting together an aftermarket framed hybrid - cause the 400EX was still selling just fine, was was the Raptor, Warrior, and Banshee. If nobody had stepped up to the plate the quad world would still be looking at 2 wheelers that have all the fine technology for anything competitive. Like I said, count your lucky stars and give a little thanks to that company from PA. They did more for you than you will recognize.

Off the soap box now.

Old 11-24-2003, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

I think i can figger out why the other manufactures haven't taken cannondale's lead....they wanted to stay in business.

Old 11-24-2003, 02:06 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Cannondale deserves much credit.....
HOWEVER
The Moto was not a race ready quad, it had nice features, but how many pros raced it? How many of the guys who did race it, left it stock? Hell, guys at local Utah motorcross races were adding different shocks and A Arms to them. The Balze...same story.
I agree, Thomez, for what you paid, it can't be beat, even with a stick. But if they sold them that cheap, they would never have built them.
I had a 2002 Moto. I had it the same time I had my 426 ex. I had it "race ready", as much as the Cannondale. I would take it to the dunes, track, or desert, I would take off on it, and come back soon and leave it in the trailer. It was a weird feeling quad, sounded like it was ready to blow at any minute, and felt heavier than my 400ex, leaked oil if you tipped it over, was a plumbers nightmare, takes 30 mins to change out a battery, needs a new fuel filter every few rides, had cyl head stud problems, and is ugly but, it was the accelaration king. I bought it brand new for $5000. This was right before they went out of business (6 months). I got the deal of the century. I sold it in 3 months, counting my lucky stars they lasted until I sold it. I paid 7 large less than they were offered at the dealership, and they were still in business, and I still sold it as quickly as possible.
Race Ready, means it is a platform to add your exhaust, suspension, bars, and tires, ect to.
Honda and Yamaha cannot be compared to Cannondale, CANNONFAIL is out of business, end of story.
We can discuss this again after the new KOREANDALE comes out.

Old 11-24-2003, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

Actually, quite the contrary. The other manufacturers haven't built anything wonderful because they didn't need to. Ask Honda why they don't change the 400EX, or Yamaha why they don't change the Warrior, Raptor, or Banshee. You know what they'll say? Why? We sell every damn one we make.

Without someone to light the fire that has been their attitude for a decade or more. They are making millions on the quads that everyone buys with no need to make anything better. If you wanted something better in a quad you had to turn to the bike world, where things are actually competitive, and make one yourself. They made money off ya either way and didn't have to do any quad R&D, which costs $$$.

That bicycle company was on the right track and needed probably 1-2 more years of funds before they would have been able to drop prices and move into a more mainstream market where they could make money. If they had done that and kept their same attitude they would probably be working on something like that Aprilia V-twin right now and have it in an aluminum quad frame with the steering geometry of a 250r. That was the American spirit that led to you getting a detuned dirt bike motor in a quad chassis. Be happy, if not you'd have seen that 400EX 80s technology for another 10 years.

Old 11-24-2003, 03:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

you'll never win a drag race on a "drag" dale when stacked up against a "drag" honda or yamaha. Same with hillshooting.

Duning and trail riding im sure you do just fine holding your own

Old 11-24-2003, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

Oh ,race ready means take all the stock stuff off and install race parts. I guess it was just the definition I had wrong. My bad. So then a 400ex is a race ready quad too? Warrior? 250ex?

Old 11-24-2003, 07:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

i think everybody is missing the point its not how fast a quad is but how fast the rider is. i ride in the woods (gncc) i'm sure that if you take a fast rider on a slow quad (400ex) against a slow rider on a fast quad (c-dale blaze) the fast rider will win every time. everyone has their favorite quad that doesn't mean he can ride it.

Old 11-24-2003, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

Haha ... any platform that you can add thousands in aftermarket parts to and make a contender is "race ready" - so then the question becomes ... what isn't? LMAO... I've seen some pretty fast Blasters! They should put a "race ready" sticker on them they would probly sell even more! And that sticker would surely add 5HP!

Last time I checked "race ready" meant it was READY TO RACE. If not the stock 400EX's in the paper for sale would all say "Race Ready!" by your definition.

What a completely rediculous way to try and give the big 'ok' to the misadvertisement of Yamaha and Honda of their new quads as race ready. Man they got you brainwashed too... next thing you know they'll be telling you that anything but the 6 dollar a quart non-synthetic Yamalube will ruin your motor - you'll be buying it by the case cause they also said they are only gonna provide 1000 cases nationwide a year.

Lemmings please form a straight line ... ok start walkin .. yep thats it... ok good job ..... thanks.

Quick Reply: 450R race quad my rear!