Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Local Dealer 450R

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 06:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Local Dealer 450R

Sometimes you'll find that life is like a card game. When your chips are down and it doesn't look like it's gonna get any better you're better off to pick up what ever remaining chips you have left and go to another table. In my case I started out at the "Cannondale Table" with $11,200.00 + tax then the bottom dropped out. So I picked up my $5000.00 went over to the "Honda Table". Luckily I only have to come out of pocket another $1,100.00 + tax in order to set things straight again (at least in my mind). It sucks but who knew and at the time it seemed like the best deal. I feel good about the Honda though. I had to explain to my wife that Honda is NOT going to go out of buisness (are they?). and that it will be nice to be able to get in my truck and drive 2 miles to the local dealer for any parts or service. I'm sure there are some people that won't agree with my logic but I feel GREAT now!

Old 12-10-2003, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

You gotta do what's right for you! I'm still sitting on mine...but an inventory reduction is in the cards for me once the honda is here.

Old 12-10-2003, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

where gettin one here in late december or january...

i get the job of preping it when it comes in..........
and if i decide to get one it will be at cost.........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

lucky me.......

Old 12-13-2003, 01:39 AM
Trailblazer

TAZ,

A few years ago I picked a couple 400ex's. The dealers here in PHX are crooked, I had to go to Tucson to get a deal. You might want to call around up here before you make that trip. Let me know the best price you find and I will do the same..... Best bet is waiting a little while, or getting one from canada. Dollar/exchange/rate is better.....When the Rapterd, i mean Raptor came out, I had a few friends who bought them there and had them shipped down. Even with the frieght cost, they were cheaper....Just a thought, though the quad had a few didfferent features then the USA version...........Keep me posted on prices for the honda-450R, I would like to get a couple. Maybe Flagstaff, or some other small town would have a price break if we bought a few at one time....

AZBIGDADDY

Old 12-13-2003, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

If you are gonna buy in Tucson and are trying to get away from the big Phoenix dealers, don't bother going to Tucson Cycle & Ski or Tucson Motorsports. They are part of the same dealer group as Desert Motorsports, Metro Motorsports, Town & Country Motorsports, USA Motorsports and YSA Motorsports.

If you are in the Phoenix metro area, there is no better place to do business than Canyon Honda in North Scottsdale. Besides fair retail prices, they have the most knowledgable parts guys in the Valley. If you ever need anything Honda, call Marvin. He's the best - PERIOD.

Old 12-13-2003, 03:02 AM
Pro Rider

Here is a dealer in Oklahoma that is supposedly selling them for $5799 By the time I called, he had 15 reserved ahead of me. So I am buying from a dealer that is closer. The dealer that is closer is selling at MSRP, but he will give me a decent value for my 02 400ex.

Link to dealer

Hope I'm not breaking any rules with the link- just showing there are dealers who are selling below MSRP.

Old 12-13-2003, 01:57 PM
Trailblazer

I have been to tucson cycle and ski and tucson motorsports, they are both awfull. Their prices are so jacked up and their attitudes suck. Canyon Honda has had some great prices, at least for the 400ex I was looking at during the summer.

I am thinking of learning2fly's post about the Oklahoma dealership for $5799. We would save on tax and just pay freight/shipping. Wonder how much extra freight/shipping could add? Anyone have any idea what it might cost?

Old 12-13-2003, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

what's the different features on the raptor from canada? Just reflectors and warning labels maybe.

Old 12-13-2003, 11:55 PM
Trailblazer

reflectors and warning labels is right on, something else was funky too, can't remember. I will see the guy who bought them tomorrow. frieght for a car is $500 anywhere in the us on average. Should be 500, or LESS! Good idea..... Can you order one out of state over the enternet and get around sales tax? Just an idea, I have a business resale liecence to get around tax, so let me know when you get something and I will try to help you avoid the tax if possible.

thanks........

Old 12-14-2003, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

There is no true way to get around the tax unless you never plan to register your quad. Is it worth $500 to never be able to claim your quad if it is stolen?

Quick Reply: Local Dealer 450R