Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

SOLD MY RANCHER AND THINKING ABOUT GETTING A RUBICON

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2000, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well how does it proform, thats my question.

Old 06-21-2000, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

Tim1,
If everyone owned a Vette, it wouldn't be a big deal to own one. It is the same with the SP500.

I remember the first time I rode a Sportsman. At the time I owned a Honda and had never test drove a SP500. It Lliterally hurt my feelings. It was awesome. This young man will have to learn the same way many of us have.

Greg

Old 06-21-2000, 05:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well, I tested mine out this weekend! There was a Rancher with stock tires, a Honda 450 with vampires, and a Polaris 500. First off, the polaris was scared to hurt his bike so, I couldn't compare it with that bike. I out pulled the Rancher in every catagory. Now, the 450 with vampires went everywhere with ease. His bike had more clearence, a lift kit and 25" vampires. He came out of dithes with steep embankments easier.

I think I will keep my bike just the way it is. I am more than satisfied with the way it performed and handled. As a package, I think there is no other bike out that will come close to it.

P.S. The tranny is awesome!

Old 06-22-2000, 06:38 AM
Trailblazer

Picked up my Rubicon last Friday.I have put 111 miles on so far. I have ridden with a 2000 Grizzly, a 2000 Kodiak and a 1998 Big Bear. I let them all try the "Ruby" and now they want one. The "Grizz" has a better top end, but the "Ruby" has a better low end in any tranny mode. I had it buried in some real thick muck about 4" over the running boards. I was able to back myself out. I haven't towed anything yet, but I know the new beast will do mighty fine.It climbs steep, greasy clay hills real well and handles side hills better than any of the Yamahas.I need to change the oil right now and the local dealers have no filters yet. The Rubicon is a super machine!!!!!!

Old 06-22-2000, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

Boy you better be glad that guy on the sport was scared of hurtin his bike or you might been singing a different tale and I just wonder if those vamps and lift kit would have been on the sportsman what kind of story it would be...had the rubicon in 4" over the running board huh of mud huh...well I want go there. I go in deeper mud than that getting to a place to mud...its a joke guys the truth never the less a joke you know hahaha

Old 06-22-2000, 05:52 PM
Trailblazer

for all you polaris people out their stay in your on forums and the reason the sportsman was scared to do anything cause he didnt want to spend more money fixin it when it broke down that day

Old 06-22-2000, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

The Polaris guys will never admit that the Rubicon is a better machine. If the Rubicon wins the shootout then they all say "the magazines are crap or biased, blah, blah, blah".

I hope the shoot out includes a grizzly & a sportsman. Should be interesting.

Old 06-22-2000, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

You guy's tickle me who gives a RATZAZZ which is best according to the magazines,put them in the field with guy's like you and I,thats where you'll find out whats what.I'm sure the RUBY is capable machine,but it still goes back to the rider.I ride alot of radical stuff rocks off camber and I'll keep up with most anyone,the RUBY would have hard time out doing me any where out here.Put me in the mud and it would be different story I have no experience there.I've not ridden RUBBY but it would have to be real spectacular,to out do the 500SP it may run with it but hard to belive that it will out do it.I haven't seen any machine go any place that I haven't,as I say it's great percentage of the rider.The SP has upper hand as far as true 4x4 and ground clearance,anyone who thinks thats not important hasn't been where it's tough.I'm not putting the RUBBY down but just saying what I believe from my experience,it would have to be real fantastic machine to out do the 500SP,as I say though it may run with it.Time will tell,alot of thought has gone into this machine,lets all hope it's all that we have been lead to believe.I'm one happy POLARIS rider and have been long time,but that don't mean I'm not happy for someone that has RUBBY.It's like the FORD CHEVY DODGE thing all personal preferrence,they all will basicaly do the same thing just what ever trips your trigger. CM

Old 06-27-2000, 11:29 AM
Trailblazer

u never had a rancher

Old 06-27-2000, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

You are right. Polaris vs HOnda is the same debate as the Ford vs Chevy.

Lets just be glad we have a lot of choices in our sport. The watercraft guys are down to 4 manufactureres, now that Artic Cat has dropped out.

Quick Reply: SOLD MY RANCHER AND THINKING ABOUT GETTING A RUBICON