Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Hondas suck now, im going with yamaha

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hondas suck now, im going with yamaha

Kwackermann,
Just because the days of 2 strokes might be numbered that doesn't mean anything. The only reason people are going with the 4 strokes are because the 2 strokes are being discontinued. It might be 4 strokes now, but sooner or later the 2 strokes will be in the lead again. Banshees were the top machine to own for long races like that because of the mods made for them and the reliability. Of course most people say 4 strokes are easier to maintain than 2 strokes, but that has changed these days, now the new 450's and big bore machines take as much or more maintanance than 2 strokes, plus 4 strokes a lot more to fix when they break. So don't be going and saying that 4 strokes rule because 2 strokes are helplessly being discontinued. 2 strokes will always remain supreme and i will put my 310R up against any of those boring 4 strokes.

Old 12-22-2003, 10:46 PM
Range Rover

I nthink that Kwackermann is just upset because these 2-strokes pelt him and his mojave with rocks when ever he goes riding in public places.

Old 12-22-2003, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

whats wrong with honda? im not crazy about their cars or utility quads but they make a damn good sport quad, i owned a yamaha first and i was as happy with it as i am my honda. there isnt really any bad quad companys and anyone who bashes a single company is ignorant (im talking to you 7540875048), nice nicknme by the way, was that your prison number? i bet you miss your boyfriend in jail

Old 12-22-2003, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

Sooner or later 2-strokes will be outlawed nationwide. They tried to do it before, in case you don't
remember, and they will try again. They pollute more, thats the big reason the tree huggers want them
gone, or so they say anyway.

Really, I think its because they are just a bunch of sour old prunes who can't stand seeing anyone have fun.
Same group who wants t ban all ATVs and ORVs.

I owned one Yamaha, a Kodiak. It was broke more than it was running, but it was fast for a ute. When it ran that is. And it had ZERO to do with maintanence, because it was only 5 months old when I offed it. And had spent 3 of those 5 months in the dealers shop/garage waiting to be fixed. One time the dealer had so many
Yamis in for repair I had to wait 3 weeks just to get it in. No more Yamis for me.

Old 12-22-2003, 11:07 PM
Range Rover

Put a Pro rider on any make and he will still win. Me on my V in the GNCC....I lose....Put me on anything else...I lose. I don't dislike any quad, and am glad everyone likes different ones, or very few of us could afford to buy the one evryone liked. The person riding, and taking care of the quad is 99% of it.

Old 12-22-2003, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

All I can say boys and girls is good things come to those who wait. You dont wanna wait you might regret it. Honda will have a great bike but then again all the 4 big names make a great bike that with the right rider can win any race.

Old 12-23-2003, 12:34 AM
Trailblazer

what wrong 420ex you have a little wimpy quad. my raptor would kill your little punny honda any day.

Old 12-23-2003, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

Maybe in a drag, and maybe in the sand, number person, but not on a trail. Raptors suck on trails, pal.

Old 12-23-2003, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here we go. 754.... do you know how lame it makes you sound when other people are making intelligent comments and you say "you're quad is wimpy and mine could kill yours???" We don't come into the yammie forum and say they suck so stay out of ours.. by the way 420, that's one nice bike.

Old 12-23-2003, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Rojo
in the days of the 2 sstroke, but the 2 stroke's days are numbered. Where was the Banshee this time around anyways????????????

They are?? The 2-strokes days are really numbered?? ROTFLMAO, well yeah in that case everythings days are numbered!! BUt in todays time and chronology the 2-strokes are STILL the fastest bikes made and will be there for a while longer.. A while as in years!! Pikes peaks' times was dominated by the mighty twins, along with Paris-Dakkar.... Hmmm if 2-strokes are on their way out then why did they doiminate these 2 events where a powerful motor plays a pretty big role?? Hmmmm, I am quite perplexed at you finding, do you think that you could please elaborate on this?? Besides you can get some retarded horsepower numbers out of these twins (over 120), What 4-stroke ATV can produce these numbers?? I am waiting on your response....................................
You're right and you're wrong. Line a two-stroke up against a four in about a 100 yard drag, you're probably right. However, give that four some room to eat and then it pulls ahead. And yes, the 2-strokes are going to be phased out eventually, probably soon. Rather than spending the insane money on supping up a stock 250R or Banshee(or whatever your favorite 2 is), a guy could go out and buy a YFZ or TRX from his dealer along with a factory race pipe and be competitive with that alone. 2-strokes can be awesome, but why spend all the extra money when you can make a 4 just as quick on the track? With all this attention the new high-performance 4-strokers are getting, the 2-strokes are being slowly forgotten. Once the manufacturers stop making the 2's altogether, where are you going to go for parts if something busts? The 2's aren't exactly famous for reliability. It will probably only get worse because the other manufacturers will have to keep up and I hear Suzuki already has plans for a machine to battle the TRX & YFZ. So yeah, if you got deep pockets, 2-strokes rock. For most of us though, 4-strokes are the easier to maintain, easier to ride, and CHEAPER machines.

Quick Reply: Hondas suck now, im going with yamaha