Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Feb Dirtwheels 450R review...a success

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feb Dirtwheels 450R review...a success

Oh ya back in the 80's all the way up untill the raptor yamaha was def. winning on that wicked fast shee!!! can you say B/S!!?? Hell kawi's tecate 4 was beating all the shees. sorry to tell you people but yamaha is just coming into it.

Old 01-07-2004, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dragracer789
Oh ya back in the 80's all the way up untill the raptor yamaha was def. winning on that wicked fast shee!!! can you say B/S!!?? Hell kawi's tecate 4 was beating all the shees. sorry to tell you people but yamaha is just coming into it.
Yamaha is just coming into it???? Besides the trike Yamaha sold, what sport quad did they build back in the 80's that they don't sell now???? Where was Kawi, Zuki, and Honda during those times??? Yamaha stayed in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While Kawi and Honda tucked their tales and ran!!!!!!!!! and NO the Tecates didnt beat allt he shee's!!!!!!! So respect the banshee and Yamaha, they are the only ones who had the guts to stick around, by the way, isnt the Yamaha Banshee the longest selling model of ANY quad made in the world??? When was it made????? Do they sell it now????

Old 01-07-2004, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

ya um did you see any tri z's winning?? lamo no. Honda and suzuki were getting sued over little stupid sh*t so they stop the production. ANd YES the kawi was beating the shee when they were in production. They were only made for 2 years so you couldnt really find many aftermarket parts for them and they didnt contuine making parts for them that much. I do give credit to yamaha for stickin with a 2-stroke but how often do you really see a shee winning at a track other than a drag strip or tt? Pritty much never... So pritty much yamaha just started making quads that win alot other than a race here and there, but now that yamaha has steped up to the plate with new quads it is doing good all around for the "sport" quads and sports because they are pushing the technology. So dont say I dont give credit to yamaha.

Old 01-07-2004, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

This is coming from an owner of a Z250. Do you consider that a sport quad? Nuf said lol
This is coming from a 300ex owner, do you really consider that a sport quad. You people are babys, dont listen to the mags and wait until they come out and see for yourself. Thats the only way your going to find out. ATV Sport rated it and they said it was good and they are definetly not payed by honda because they rated the z250 better then the honda in there buyers guide.

Old 01-07-2004, 07:54 PM
Range Rover

I know I have no room to talk since my V-Force is not a sport quad either. Or at least that is what I am told.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

I thought these forums were designed for information and friendly banter. It seems like everyone wants to bash averyones elses atv. THERE IS NO PERFECT QUAD! (Except for the Recon, of course) If it has wheels, it's fun. Period!

These forums seem to be getting saturated with kids who want to argue about everything. Luckily there are a good amount of members who have a good sense of humor. It is just too funny when we argue over ATVS, especially ones that are not even on the trails yet! 1/2 of us will not even be able to afford them anyway.

Come here to figure how jet your carbs, bead a tire or do air-box mods. Not argue over pipe dreams.

My 2 cents.

Old 01-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

Think of it this way..

Indirectly, anyone that purchases the new Honda paid Dirt Wheels.. not Honda..

Honda had a nice profit margin and some of the advertising expense was allocated to Dirt Wheels.

Old 01-07-2004, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MNRAP
Think of it this way..

Indirectly, anyone that purchases the new Honda paid Dirt Wheels.. not Honda..

Honda had a nice profit margin and some of the advertising expense was allocated to Dirt Wheels.
Exactly, if you check a recent post of mine, I have pretty much begged DW to let me and some of my friends who has every major Brand of Big Bore 4x4 machines to do their shootouts for them in EXTREME riding conditions where speed isnt a factor, dont you notice how they always do their shootouts in mostly PRIVATE CLOSED TEST TRACKS that they own??? LOL!!!!!!!!! Let me do the tests in the REAL world where WE ALL RIDE!!! Then lets see which is the best coming from people who arent paid to say which is the best!!!!!

Old 01-07-2004, 08:56 PM
Range Rover

I finally got my Feb. 04 issue of dirt wheels today and that article was the first thing i read. Sounds like an awesome quad. They really liked the suspension and how it cornered.

Old 01-07-2004, 08:58 PM
Range Rover

ATV Sport came out with a review...And it didn't say hardly anything. It's like they didn't even ride it. They just measured everything like a bunch of city queers. At least at Dirt Wheels they aren't afraid to ride the machine.

Old 01-07-2004, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

MacV700

I agree with what you said and stuff but i said that to him because he said the z250 wasnt a sport quad. Its a sport quad to me atleast. Everyone thinks different. I dont like people like that either.

Quick Reply: Feb Dirtwheels 450R review...a success