Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Feb Dirtwheels 450R review...a success

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 08:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feb Dirtwheels 450R review...a success

by the way, the only thing dirtwheels said that was better than the yfz was the ride comfort.. OOOHH ya ride comfort that THATS when you know you have a top notch machine... ya right.

Old 01-11-2004, 09:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL.

That ride comfort wins drag races, gives you speed, and basically creates the machine.

LMFAO

Old 01-11-2004, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

Man am I retarded....you are a world class idiot....do you even think before you type...if you disagree with my post fine...but don't call me retarded...what a loser, you must me some pimple faced 15 year old who needs a good butt kicking. And if you are not 15, stop acting like it. I try to take the high road most of the time, but in this case I will make an exception. How do you know I am not "retarded" or a close family member is...well I so happen to have a close family member that is "retarded"....so please in the future, please disagree all you want, but have some class. I guess I should expect no less from a Canadian Yamaha rider....geez

Old 01-11-2004, 11:49 PM
Trailblazer

Well said Kyperman!!!!

Old 01-12-2004, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know if dirtywheels is paid off or not, but they're certainly bias. The Honda name has a certain nestalgia (?spelling) about it and many people want them to succeed and it is evident in reviews.

Anyone who makes a buying decision based off of what a magazine says is best is truely an idiot. Just look at their utility comparisons. To them (DW) the best utility machine is the one that has the fastest drag times. What ever happened to hooking up to heavy weighted objects and then seeing how far you could get up the hill or through muddy situations. Sorry, off track a little bit. I know this is about the sport machines.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but just look at their reviews of the z440 kitted machine and the piped predator and 450. The predator still had the most power with the least amount of money put into it. And their last comment, no amount of money will ever make the predator light enough to be competative -- not a direct quote-- Nicholascycle got their predator to less then 350#'s with less then 900 invested. (Obviously that part ticked me off since I own the predator, but it does make a fine example of the DW bias)

Old 01-13-2004, 08:51 PM
Range Rover

So what you're saying Kyperman is that since I ride a Yamaha and that I'm Canadian I am ignorant, immature, and don't think before I speak? By saying that, you are putting yourself at the level of YFZfofiveoh in my opinion. Before you say I am sticking up for him, I am not. I do not agree with the things he said just as you didn't. Like a lot of people have already said, we do not know how these two machines will compare with each other until the TRX is released, so why argue and fight over it? If you want to argue about it, at least wait until it is released and you can give a real evaluation of it instead of going by what some magazine says. It is all about opinion. Even the magazine guys have different opinions, they don't all like the same machine. As it has been said many, many times before, go out and enjoy what you have. Be happy that the U.S.A. and Canada are somewhat "free" and we can all go out and jump on our atv's and go for a spin, no matter what brand it may be.

Old 01-13-2004, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

What a lousy test. It's massive front suspension. LOL........ Even Dirtwheels can laugh at that statement. It has soooooooo much attention to detail. Fit and finsih is first rate. Really, heall I like big 20mm square head bolts protruding from my plastic. God It's so obvious how much they were paid to write that article. I never heard of a straightline comparison for pure speed. Why is that?? It's gonna get waxed by the YFZ is why.. If I was in the market I'd be buying a YFZ. Honda produced a better version of a Z400 is all w/o reverse..

It all started because of this post.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2004, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BIG_RED
So what you're saying Kyperman is that since I ride a Yamaha and that I'm Canadian I am ignorant, immature, and don't think before I speak? By saying that, you are putting yourself at the level of YFZfofiveoh in my opinion. Before you say I am sticking up for him, I am not. I do not agree with the things he said just as you didn't. Like a lot of people have already said, we do not know how these two machines will compare with each other until the TRX is released, so why argue and fight over it? If you want to argue about it, at least wait until it is released and you can give a real evaluation of it instead of going by what some magazine says. It is all about opinion. Even the magazine guys have different opinions, they don't all like the same machine. As it has been said many, many times before, go out and enjoy what you have. Be happy that the U.S.A. and Canada are somewhat "free" and we can all go out and jump on our atv's and go for a spin, no matter what brand it may be.

You are right Big Red...my apologies, he just picked the wrong name to call me, anything else would be fine...but I am a little sensitive to that....it's not a word to be tossed around like that. I was wrong to label all Canucks that way....Yamaha riders maybe LOL...kidding thanks for calling me out on that.

Old 01-14-2004, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FaStLaNe
Originally posted by: 04SuzukiZ250
Honda pays dw. there is no way that the honda is better than a yfz. honda's have NEVER been better than yamaha..quads or dbikes i think. Everybody knows that Honda pays. What do you's actually think Honda's are That good. Heck no.
This is coming from an owner of a Z250. Do you consider that a sport quad? Nuf said lol
Haaaaahaahaahahaha...... I was just going to say the same thing! What does this kid know anyways.

Old 01-14-2004, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Kyperman
Man am I retarded....you are a world class idiot....do you even think before you type...if you disagree with my post fine...but don't call me retarded...what a loser, you must me some pimple faced 15 year old who needs a good butt kicking. And if you are not 15, stop acting like it. I try to take the high road most of the time, but in this case I will make an exception. How do you know I am not "retarded" or a close family member is...well I so happen to have a close family member that is "retarded"....so please in the future, please disagree all you want, but have some class. I guess I should expect no less from a Canadian Yamaha rider....geez
So what if he's an a$$, don't insult Canada, there good and bad people in every country.

Quick Reply: Feb Dirtwheels 450R review...a success