Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Give me the truth on the RINCON!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 02:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Give me the truth on the RINCON!

Great write up philjo...the RINCON is an awesome machine and it gets better after about 500 miles when its broken in, you will have PLENTY of power then. The ride is Cadillac smooth...oh how I love it on those long trips, everyone else is saddle sore and wants to take a break...not me I say ride on! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

The more that I ride it the better I like it !!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-21-2004, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

When I got my P700 I test rode the Rincon and the Prairie I didn't know the Honda needed time to wake up. It just didn't have the ballz on the Kawi. I also didn't like the vibration at idle, I stepped off of the Rincon leaving it running (to listen) and it looked like it would shake itself to pieces. I can set a soda on my plastic and rev it in idle and it won't move.... it's that smooth.

PADZZ you have both the Griz and the Prairie........ how do the motors compare? Do you think a Prairie could benefit from IRS?

Old 01-22-2004, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DaRiot

PADZZ you have both the Griz and the Prairie........ how do the motors compare? Do you think a Prairie could benefit from IRS?
I love the way the Prairie is now. If I wanted another IRS bike, I would have another Grizzly in my garage right now.
Motor wise they're pretty close with the obvious advantage to the P-700, especially down low. I can't wheelie my Grizz from a stand still, but the Prairie is soooo easy to wheelie. From about 40+ the Grizz FEELS like it has more power than the Prairie, but I've yet to line them up against each other. Prairie flies up hills, as does the Grizzly. Grizzly is smoother in the rough stuff, but I have no complaints with the Prairie. Also, I put some C series on the Grizz w/ Mud Lites and it handles alot better. If you can do w/o IRS, get the Prairie.

Old 01-25-2004, 03:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

There is a couple of facts about rincons that I will give you. 1st it won the baja 1000 2 years ago and another placed third. You have to realize that this was against sport Quads not just utility quads. With that said I will let you know why it is better than a grizzly. the rincon would whip any grizzly in a race with sharp turns it just handles better. The middle section is slimer because there is no belt drive so you can slide it through turns almost like a sport quad. the gizzly would probably win in a drag race but it is well documented that it doesn't handle as well. It is also taller wich makes it more tippy. Now to address the engine braking. When you are in 4wheel drive all four brakes engage on the rincon and I have never felt nervous going down hills the lock up nicely. They are both good machines but if you want a utillity quad with a sport quad feel get the rincon, but if you want a quad to hall elk or deer out of the woods you might want a grizzly for the low gear. As far as mud goes- well lets put it this way I don't own a winch- I don't get stuck. I might need to get one to pull out all the grizzly's

Old 01-25-2004, 03:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

PADDZ
You should of bought a Ford Powerstroke and you wouldn't of had to chip it to pull 2 quads

Old 01-25-2004, 05:05 AM
Pro Rider

Rincon=GREAT
The problem with the rincon is the "low end." But I never use it when I ride my friends quad. I want one really bad, but I have no money. I just had a BIG purchase, so I am kida broke. I just bought computers...(laptops to be exact)...But back to the rincon...

"the RINCON is an awesome machine and it gets better after about 500 miles when its broken in, you will have PLENTY of power then. The ride is Cadillac smooth...oh how I love it on those long trips, everyone else is saddle sore and wants to take a break...not me I say ride on!"

I agree. The rincon is my quad, because of the smoth ride, the traxlock is always nice, the y look is cool also. The HONDA LOGO is very nice also. There is just so much about the rincon that I love. I am also considering waiting till Honda gets a 700 Rincon. I would love to have locking dif, a little low-end, and a bunch of cool things. But I can not say that I the prairie because I acualy love it. I rode a 2003 and I loved it. But then the 2004 (I think) the 700, was even better. I loved the extra power. I am sick of people saying that the Rincon can not pull 28 inchers. As well as it has so called "NO LOW-END" YA full of crap. That's not ture. Well, "a little no low-end" os more like it. But don't belive things that there in those mag's...or even (WITH RESPECT) other people here and everyway else. The way to get a opinion, is to RIDE IT FOR YOURSELF. I learned that myself.

Freak

Old 01-25-2004, 05:08 AM
Pro Rider

Oh, yea...

ALL HONDAS GET BETTER AS THEY GET OLDER!!!

HONDA IS NUMBER 1!!! Just my 2 cents...
Yamaha is 2nd...
kawi is 3rd....

Again, just my 2 cents...

Lata,
Freak

Old 01-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RINCONMAN03
PADDZ
You should of bought a Ford Powerstroke and you wouldn't of had to chip it to pull 2 quads
You're right, I should have got that reliable 6.0 PSD.
Oh, did I NEED to chip my truck? No. Did I, Yes...cuz I can.

TROLL.

Old 01-26-2004, 02:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

I still haven't decided between the Rincon and a 450 Foreman. Have looked at both, talked $$$ with dealer about both, but have yet to ride a Rincon other than on the dealer lot. Would love to ride one on the trail first, but may not get the chance.

Old 01-26-2004, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

WEll, did you like the rincon on the dealer lot. If so, then you will like it about 50 times better once you get one. But I was in that position a long year back and I decided to do nothing...partly because of money issues. But I would say you might want to ride them both, if you have not, and them think about what the 'real' reson you are buying a ATV. If you want the most reliable mechince around, then get a foreman 450. But if you want one of the "most fun" quads around then get a Rincon.

Me personaly, I would get a Rincon. But that's just me.

Quick Reply: Give me the truth on the RINCON!