Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Polaris, Honda, or a Kawasaki

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 10:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris, Honda, or a Kawasaki

Thanks, I'm sort of leaning toward a 700.

Old 01-08-2004, 10:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

What good is true four wheel drive when your walking?

Old 01-08-2004, 11:12 PM
EAB
Pro Rider

OK here I go.
'shouldhave' one thing that you kind of touched on is the service of your 'favorite' quad, the right quad tech can F up any quad. You can take two identical HONDAS with the same problem back to the dealer and get happy service one place and want to stab someone in the neck at another.

Old 01-08-2004, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

I was gonna buy a Polaris Trailboss 330 this year...I was all ready to go until I rode one....I was not impressed at all. It was big, it was just as cheap as my Honda 250 and it was more powerful....BUT it felt like it was gonna fall apart underneath me.

No offense to my cousin who owns it...and I hope that he does not ever read this, but it felt like a cheap machine. He can't climb "Test Hill" at Silver lake MI with it....I just didn't want to deal with that. I don't believe he has ever had any problems with it yet....but.....time will tell.

Old 01-09-2004, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

I will say that I have heard nothign but good about the two Hondas you are considering. But, I will also say that if you are not hung up on rear irs then get the p700. The one thing that folks don't think about is towing. If you are going to be doing any towing a solid rear is a much better set up. No suspension squat under a load. An irs will usually do better in the deep mud since it has better ground clearance.

Old 01-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Polaris and Honda both have 3-wd. Polaris's 4-wd only works going up hill. So it only works 1/2 of the time. Honda's 3-wd works all the time. They both average out to 3-wd.

Old 01-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

I have only experienced this "3wd" maybe twice. What people DONT understand about the front differential is, if it's working right, it takes quite a bit of stress on that one front wheel to make the other one not spin. Mine spins 4 wheels 99% of the time, unless I have that one front wheel REALLY jammed. But even at that, all I do is squeeze the front brakes and give it a little more gas and I'm right out of that situation in a second. If you are wanting to ride mud and muddy ruts get a locker, other than that I see NO need for it!

Old 01-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry, I'm really tired of working on it every time I ride it!

Old 01-09-2004, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

thats it im selling my jap qaud and buyin a reliable polaris, DAMN JAP BIKES! its too bad the polaris engine isnt even AMERICAN!! its fuji..they couldnt even make they're own engines..ha

Old 01-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just don't understand why you can't find something more constructive to do with your time. If you love your bike so much why are you wasting time on your computer popping off about Polaris? Actions speak louder than words. Go show the world how great your bike is and how bad Polaris is rather than talk cheap talk. Does it make you feel better to go pop off about Polaris? Are you that immature that you have to do things like that for kicks? Everyone is entitled to their opinions but your not entitled to try to shove it done someones throat. If you don't want to hear the Polaris stuff JUST DON'T GO TO THE POLARIS FORUM. I'd say that's a pretty simple solution!

Quick Reply: Polaris, Honda, or a Kawasaki