Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

My buddies 450r is in. How does it do against my yfz?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My buddies 450r is in. How does it do against my yfz?

Just got the notice that my buddies quad came in today. This is the second batch of 450's that a oregon dealership has received so those of you waiting on yours it wont be long. The second shipment came about a week after the first they got. He is paying 7300 with the hrc kit installed. I will have a shootout for you guys full of videos and pictures. The only problem is i need someone to host the videos for me.

Old 01-30-2004, 09:31 PM
Trailblazer

I just got my 450R today!!! I put pics of it on my profile and they should be posted soon. Let me know how that shootout goes!

Old 01-30-2004, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

im excited for him. I think its awesome that companies are finally getting out some great quads. I really cant wait to see what the suzuki and kawi come up with because kawasaki has always been a favorite of mine. I just hope i dont fall too in love with it and be forced to by theirs and sell the yamaha. You guys can expect an unbias report from me. I dont care if he kicks my butt by 10 quad lengths. I want everyone to know the truth about the new quads performance compared to the yfz and the vforce and z400 as well. Let me know if anyone wants any special pictures or tests done. We will be at the dunes so there wont be any dirt comparisons for a while from me.

Old 01-30-2004, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

if u could do any wheelies with eather quad that would be great or jumps

Old 02-02-2004, 05:14 AM
Pro Rider

Steve - Ill host the videos. You get 10mb storage as a student ... or at least I do [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

let me know when you get them

Old 02-02-2004, 06:09 AM
Pro Rider

That's very cool that he got his quad. I wish my dealer had them now. But even if they did, I will have to wait a little. But those vids and pics are gona' be nice!

P.S. I also agree...I CAN NOT WAIT TILL KAWASAKI AND SUZUKI GET IN THERE!

Old 02-02-2004, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider

Kevin,
Alright i will probably just bring the videos over to your house then because i dont even know how to get them from my computer to the net. I think they are too big for email.

Old 02-02-2004, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

Ive already done a shootout with a TRX450R on an MX track!!!! The guy was the class leader in the quad class in our state series!!!! Holeshot, I get him but not by much then after that he just pulls away(cuz he is the better rider on quads), however, he also has a CRF450R, I race him on my 285 and wax him!!!!!! My honest UNBIASED opinion is that the YFZ and TRX is so close in performance that you can't hate either of them!!!! With the same rider, one may still be faster due to that person's specific style, as we ALL have a certain style and one will suit someone better than the other!!! So it all comes down to the RIDER of each which truly in the end determines the real winner!!!!

Old 02-02-2004, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

Cant wait to hear the report stevendsm95gst [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Get some pics and videos up soon!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2004, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

I want those videos REAL BAD!

COM'on! COM'on! COM'on! COM'on! COM'on! COM'on! COM'on! COM'on! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: My buddies 450r is in. How does it do against my yfz?