Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

My buddies 450r is in. How does it do against my yfz?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My buddies 450r is in. How does it do against my yfz?

Originally posted by: bigojaydog
i found this in another forum says 450r made 58hp wit a few mods

whats up guys got my new 450r 2 days ago i already put the hrc upgrade kit pipes and modid it my self alittl this info might help u guys alittle ok the kit run the cam of course no need for the box hole plate or the spark resister fo the exhaust run the 185 jet included in the kit ok if u can buy the white brothers pipe very nice run that wide open with no baffle or shims take out the air box completely just buy a 42 mm k&n "actually dyno'ed it with it totally off but wont make take away that much power with it on" anyways can advance the timing alittle but i didnt but at idle it wants to die so i turned the idle up a little so it runs nice and smooth now on to the plug honda is the sh## comes with denso irdium plug its a beautiful plug i run them in my race car i took the gap down to 0.9 mm cause with that 185 jet thats alot of fuel anyways did all that put it on my dyno and we got 58hp to the wheels not to bad those simple mods and only 10.5 compression not like that piece of sh## yami 450 with its 11+ compression with ony 36hp lol anyways will post the dyno sheet and hopefully some pics. u guys this thing rips i mean rips im not a big guy but in like 3 punching it leaned foward pops up on me and i haft to let off to put it back down it doesnt wind out like a 2 stroke but dam i think with the rev limiter off it will go almost wind out as much. anyways u guys have fun did all this the first hour i got this bad boy then rode it around tuned it alittle then dyno'ed it the next dam the rings havent even sealed all the way yet so im gonna re dyno it in 2 weeks to see what shes got then c-ya
hahaha thats pretty funny 58hp keep smoking what ever you are because its some good stuff [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2004, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bigojaydog
i found this in another forum says 450r made 58hp wit a few mods

whats up guys got my new 450r 2 days ago i already put the hrc upgrade kit pipes and modid it my self alittl this info might help u guys alittle ok the kit run the cam of course no need for the box hole plate or the spark resister fo the exhaust run the 185 jet included in the kit ok if u can buy the white brothers pipe very nice run that wide open with no baffle or shims take out the air box completely just buy a 42 mm k&n "actually dyno'ed it with it totally off but wont make take away that much power with it on" anyways can advance the timing alittle but i didnt but at idle it wants to die so i turned the idle up a little so it runs nice and smooth now on to the plug honda is the sh## comes with denso irdium plug its a beautiful plug i run them in my race car i took the gap down to 0.9 mm cause with that 185 jet thats alot of fuel anyways did all that put it on my dyno and we got 58hp to the wheels not to bad those simple mods and only 10.5 compression not like that piece of sh## yami 450 with its 11+ compression with ony 36hp lol anyways will post the dyno sheet and hopefully some pics. u guys this thing rips i mean rips im not a big guy but in like 3 punching it leaned foward pops up on me and i haft to let off to put it back down it doesnt wind out like a 2 stroke but dam i think with the rev limiter off it will go almost wind out as much. anyways u guys have fun did all this the first hour i got this bad boy then rode it around tuned it alittle then dyno'ed it the next dam the rings havent even sealed all the way yet so im gonna re dyno it in 2 weeks to see what shes got then c-ya
That is without question, the most stupidest post I have ever seen on this forum to date!!!!!!! I had my YZ426F camed, heads flowed, ported, and bored to a true 450cc's, all with a Wiseco High Comp 13:1 piston, running on C12(112 octane)! I didnt gain that kind of HP figures from stock!!! You make any idiot on these forums look like Einstein and the President of Mensa(for you since your not very smart, Mensa is the smartest people in the world)! LOL! ROFLMAO! I have heard it all now!!! Rid please tell me you agree!

Old 02-06-2004, 02:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider

bigoldjaybird- Must have used the same dyno they did the raptor pipe shoot out on. LMAO Surely no one would believe that much less quote it.

On a real dyno i find it hard to believe that the new honda will ever hit a true 50 hp at the real wheels no matter what size the bore or who builds it. It has decent parts from the factory and it puts out low 30's. Just dropping in a cam and little more compression and open up the exhaust is not going to get 20 more HP, maybe 5 or 6 MAX, port the head and get 2 more. 42 hp and NO MORE

Old 02-06-2004, 04:36 AM
Pro Rider

DID I READ THAT RIGHT????

Hmm, thats not right...58bhp??? thats a lot. Maybe about 43bhp, but not 58bhp. hmmmmmmmm, cheak that again. But sounds like you got a nice quad...What quad you got again????

Dude, stock that things like 37.00bhp. With all do respect, I doubt that it could get that high.

Old 02-06-2004, 11:39 AM
KGB
Pro Rider

Roost, the gearing on the 450R is 14/38, whats a Rappy?
I can see how it would be hard for you to imagine, but when I raced piped Raptors up a very big hill, plenty long enough to take whoops or hole shots or any thing out of the equation, it was no problem, whatsoever. I believe a piped Rappy and my quad should be pretty close on HP (high 30's to low 40's depending on dyno, elevation ect). And I am about 100 # less weight in sand dune trim. So, that should be not too hard to imagine.
58 hp would be cool, but lets get serious. LRD told me that with a HRC cam, big filter, no box, and their exhaust it will get "real close to 50 at the ground". Mark Baldwin has a nice carb coming to me that should help me get close to that, if those numbers are as liberal as I think they are. I asked Mark how much I should expect, he said that is a very high performance carb, vs. a "non performance" carb it will be night and day. LRD has never been one to state inflated #'s, but you never know.
I will take my video camera next time, so people will learn that I don't lie about wins or losses. I am not a hillshooter, I just line up to see what the new 450R has to offer vs all the quads I have been eating roost from for all these years..

Old 02-06-2004, 12:12 PM
Trailblazer

[quote]
Originally posted by: 14mins
bigoldjaybird- Must have used the same dyno they did the raptor pipe shoot out on. LMAO Surely no one would believe that much less quote it.

On a real dyno i find it hard to believe that the new honda will ever hit a true 50 hp at the real wheels no matter what size the bore or who builds it. It has decent parts from the factory and it puts out low 30's. Just dropping in a cam and little more compression and open up the exhaust is not going to get 20 more HP, maybe 5 or 6 MAX, port the head and get 2 more. 42 hp and NO MORE[/q

I just wanted to see wat people thought thats why and you dont need to say ish about me wit your slow pos raptor.

Old 02-06-2004, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

What ever happened to those vids stevendsm??

Old 02-06-2004, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KGB
Roost, the gearing on the 450R is 14/38, whats a Rappy?
I can see how it would be hard for you to imagine, but when I raced piped Raptors up a very big hill, plenty long enough to take whoops or hole shots or any thing out of the equation, it was no problem, whatsoever. I believe a piped Rappy and my quad should be pretty close on HP (high 30's to low 40's depending on dyno, elevation ect). And I am about 100 # less weight in sand dune trim. So, that should be not too hard to imagine.
58 hp would be cool, but lets get serious. LRD told me that with a HRC cam, big filter, no box, and their exhaust it will get "real close to 50 at the ground". Mark Baldwin has a nice carb coming to me that should help me get close to that, if those numbers are as liberal as I think they are. I asked Mark how much I should expect, he said that is a very high performance carb, vs. a "non performance" carb it will be night and day. LRD has never been one to state inflated #'s, but you never know.
I will take my video camera next time, so people will learn that I don't lie about wins or losses. I am not a hillshooter, I just line up to see what the new 450R has to offer vs all the quads I have been eating roost from for all these years..
LRD is seriously full of bs!