Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

dirtwheels test on trx and yfz

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 05:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dirtwheels test on trx and yfz

i was really looking forward to the article from dirtwheels on the test between the yfz and trx, either yamaha is paying off dirtwheels, or dirtwheels has no idea what they are talking about, i mean they named the test FASTEST QUAD SHOOTOUT, this has nothing to do with how fast these quads are, they even threw in the gas gas, which has no part being in this shootout,this is between honda and yamaha, dirtwheels tested the two quads on mainly motocross, what they didnt realize is that honda made the 450r so that it was capable of racing in motocross and gncc, this is pretty much genius from honda, maybe yamaha is better in the motocross, but honda is not far behind in that subject, and for gncc racing, honda wil DOMINATE with this quad, as far as im concerned, honda did a much better job at designing this quad than dirtwheels give them credit for, they managed to make a sweet quad that will kill at motocross AND gncc and is also $400 less than the yfz, to me, honda wins this one, i dont care about any magazines

Old 02-01-2004, 05:57 PM
Trailblazer

I agree 100% they didnt even do a full detailed shootout on it. The shootout with the recon and ozark in last months issue was in much more detail than the trx and yfz. It was suppose to be the most exciting two quads to hit the market ever and that was all we got?

Old 02-01-2004, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

I agree 100% there is no way Yamaha could possibly make a better race quad than Honda! If it is Red it has to be the best no matter what anyone says!

Nocando

Old 02-01-2004, 06:07 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: RaptorRider660R
I agree 100% there is no way Yamaha could possibly make a better race quad than Honda! If it is Red it has to be the best no matter what anyone says!

Nocando

Yes, What was Yamaha Thinking. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2004, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

Nocando
Apparently you are right, read HERE!!!!!

Old 02-01-2004, 06:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It was just last month you all was talking about how DirtWheels said the R was the best quad built. Why the sudden change of heart that dirtwheels is stupid? Cause they rated the YFZ better? Or cause you all can't realize that honda fell short again?

BTW....Suzuki pretty much dominates GNCC. From what I watched on speed...Suki has the best riders.

Old 02-01-2004, 06:22 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: briansgi

Nocando
Apparently you are right, read HERE!!!!!
haha and i dont want to hear the excuse that the only reason the 450r won is because tim farr was riding it. If the yzf is so good why didnt 1 of the other guys use the pure power and handling of it to beat farr. There was a bunch of great riders on the yamaha, oh yeah that was the only 450r in the race.
Keith Little didnt get to race because his yamaha blew up(what a surprise) and he wasnt able to get a new piston in time.

Old 02-01-2004, 06:24 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R
It was just last month you all was talking about how DirtWheels said the R was the best quad built. Why the sudden change of heart that dirtwheels is stupid? Cause they rated the YFZ better? Or cause you all can't realize that honda fell short again?

BTW....Suzuki pretty much dominates GNCC. From what I watched on speed...Suki has the best riders.
I wonder why suzuki dominated this??????? maybe because the 450r wasnt out in time for the series

Old 02-01-2004, 06:26 PM
Trailblazer

if honda fell short again, why is it winning races against the yfz, i dont know why dirtwheels picked the yfz, the 450r was pretty much built for gncc and not as much motocross, if honda is beating yamaha in motocross, just imagine what its gonna go in gncc

Old 02-01-2004, 06:56 PM
Trailblazer

i bet if tim farr was on the yfz 450 he would win he is just to good until people on here start saying the 450r wins against an averge guy on a yfz 450 ill asoume that the yfz is a lil better in most spots than the 450r

Quick Reply: dirtwheels test on trx and yfz