Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

450r wins again

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450r wins again

I rather push a honda then ride a yami[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Thats probly why i dont ride mine.

Old 02-02-2004, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default 450r wins again

uhh isn't it funny how farr was dominating last year on a yz426 and now he rides a 450r and is still dominating its not the bike its the rider I'm not just saying this because i have a yfz farr could probably win on a blaster

Old 02-02-2004, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default 450r wins again

tim farr could win on any quad... its no big deal what hes ridin... hes good enuff he could win on anything... im not dissing the 450R by any means... im just saying its nothing to get excited about...

Old 02-02-2004, 10:17 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 450r wins again

tellgriz660- quit being a douschbag, yamaha isn't the only ride.

Farr could win on anything but the yamaha guys are trying to take all credit away from the honda, both 450's are just as good as the other.

Old 02-02-2004, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default 450r wins again

i agree both are good... personally id rather have a 450R... they seem more dual sport then all MX... plus there a honda... and that equals mucho reliablity...

Old 02-03-2004, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default 450r wins again

Originally posted by: motox26
tellgriz660- quit being a douschbag, yamaha isn't the only ride.

Farr could win on anything but the yamaha guys are trying to take all credit away from the honda, both 450's are just as good as the other.
I never said Yamaha was the only ride, thus mentioning Kawi and Zuki!!!!! If you read another post of mine, you will see that I believe the 2 machines are so closely matched performance wise that it really falls to which brand you like the most!!! Both are very wonderful machines and I am glad they have them!!! But it definately is the rider that wins!!!!

However, to your statement, YAMAHA GUYS ARENT TAKING AWAY CREDIT, ITS HONDA GUYS WHO ARE WANTING CREDIT FOR FARR'S VICTORY! It was FARR that won the race, his quad didnt just drive all by itself, and YES, last year he dominated on a 426F Yamaha powered quad!!!!!! Yes he did get beat by a Yamaha and Zuki in the opening race!!!!! Farr will probably win it all, thus making the HONDA loyalist's brag that it was HONDA that won it all!! Its like saying Kawasaki is the best because Bubba Stewart is winning on won in SX and RC and Honda in the 250's!! When those 2 could win on any machine! WE ALL know that its the rider!!!

Old 02-03-2004, 01:48 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Default 450r wins again

Well Im sorry if you were not trying to take a low blow at honda. I just feel if the yfz racer wins the whole thing, all we will hear is the same thing you say the honda guys say. Any quad(sport) could win a race with the right mods and talent. Im really not conserned with witch brand wins races, I want to hear what you guys say before I buy a yfz or R for myself. You know the real riders views of these competitive machines.

Old 02-03-2004, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default 450r wins again

To me it doesn't seem to matter who wins, the other guy is b!tchin about it and the winner is bragging. The way some of you guys carry on here you'd sware you had shares in the respective companies!! LOL.

I'd love either of these machines. I'm not quite sure yet which styling I like better, though I'm leaning towards the 450R. I really like the red more than the white and blue of the Yammi.

Even a novice like me understands that these two machines are so close that even with equal rider skill, one little slip gives the other rider an advantage that will not likely be given up.

Now go to your corners!!! LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-03-2004, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default 450r wins again

Originally posted by: motox26
Well Im sorry if you were not trying to take a low blow at honda. I just feel if the yfz racer wins the whole thing, all we will hear is the same thing you say the honda guys say. Any quad(sport) could win a race with the right mods and talent. Im really not conserned with witch brand wins races, I want to hear what you guys say before I buy a yfz or R for myself. You know the real riders views of these competitive machines.
Not a problem Moto, I agree with what you say, cuz that argument goes both ways!!!! I was watching the SX race from Anaheim last night and noticed something! Both Suzuki and Honda had commercials where Yamaha did not!!! I seldom see Yamaha commercials anymore on ESPN! The Suzuki was actually a very good commercial! But I didnt care to much for Hondas! They showed the CR250R and the CRF450R winning the SX and outdoor MX series 1 and 2 like it was the bike that won! It was RC and KW that won!! They won on the Kawi's as well as Windham on the Zuki! But to back up my conclusion on the RIDER being involved, look at the 125 class! The Kawi 4 stroke has done very well but the Zuki 4 stroke has not, they pretty much are identical machines!! Yet one does extremely better than the other!! To you last statment, if comfort is at all a factor for you, the Yamaha may not be your best decision even though I love mine because I am very USED to the comfort of the seat etc. The seat and the set up is as close to the MX bike regarding ergo's as a quad can be, that suits me perfectly. I know for a fact from one of the locals that purchased a TRX450R that the powerband of the YFZ is more closely compared to the 2 stroke hit than is the TRX!! I have raced that guy on an MX track, I get him in the holeshot, and after that he pulls away(he is also the state champion in the quad class). Though he also has a CRF450R and I wax him on my 285, just differences in abilities on both!!!

My conclusion is this, ALOT of people simply want whats faster! That doesnt mean that its going to make the rider faster!!! If you put the same PROFESSIONAL on each bike, he will still be faster on one specific bike, not because the bike itself is faster, thats not always the case, but because his style, his comfort zone, his body movement etc all work well with one machine better than it does with the other, he feels much more at home on lets say the slower of the two, yet he can pull faster lap times on that machine versus the faster machine!! So for me or ANYONE to say which bike you would be faster on is simply and virtually impossible sense the machines are so closely matched and it all boils down to which better fits your style! For example, my YZF bikes fit me perfectly, they have a higher height fitting my 6'2 frame, the CRF, CR, sit way to low for me and feels like I am riding a low rider, the Kawi and Zuki both feel like I'm sitting on a straigh 2x4 peice of wood!! Not saying they arent great, but I rode other makes before Yamaha came out with the 4 strokes, and have friends with Honda and the Kawi 4 strokes, riding both I came up with the same conclusion, thus me having all Yamaha!

But the whole post on HONDA wins this or HONDA win that(Baja 1000, MX series etc.) is misleading to some people, but it does sell bikes for them and that is exactly why the do it!! I even know people who have bought the specific bike simply because it was winning! There are a few black guys that race MX that all have KAWI because of Bubba Stewarts success! Its not that I am racist, because I am in no way that way! Its because their hero of the Racing scene rides a Kawi! I dont really have a Hero, though I do pull for Reed and Bubba! If they rode a Honda or Zuki, I'd still pull for them!!

Old 02-03-2004, 07:08 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Default 450r wins again

Very well said, the bike that fits you the best is the way to go no matter what the color. I like cory ellis myself but I feel that i fit better on the 450r. (Not sure yet, still waiting to test them out really good before I make a purchase sometime soon.)

Quick Reply: 450r wins again