Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

whos got more power TRX or YFZ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 12:06 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whos got more power TRX or YFZ??

hahaha ye they FORCE u into buying the magzine the only thing the show u is the front cover there needs to be more FREE HELPFUL websites out there YEA!

Old 02-17-2004, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

heh if you parents buy a $7000 quad for being on honor roll you should be able to afford a $7 magazine
none the less i wouldn't listen to the magazines

Old 02-17-2004, 12:18 AM
Trailblazer

haha yea ive learned that but they said good thing bout the Z and ya kno im happy with it.....needs 1 more gear and it would be a lil nicer but im happy with my first quad lol i cant get to the store 2 get the mag....which dirtwheels neeeds to ow it down its like 7 bucks for a frigggin magazine and in all here test they never say like THIS QUAD IS BETTER THAN THAN ONE .....we neeed to make our own MAG

Old 02-17-2004, 12:25 AM
Range Rover

The yamaha yfz hasnt beaten the trx450 in any shootout ive read or seen in person. as for track times, ive seen little practice at monster mountain just 2 weeks ago and he told me he was switching to the 450r after his setup is dialed because he can ride it faster than the yfz that he has been riding for the last 4 months.just passing along what i was told

Old 02-17-2004, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

where do you guys get all this info? That the honda has more hp. Didnt one of the exhaust companies say that the yamaha has 2 more hp. I just checked hmf and there dyno for the honda isnt up yet. But i am almost positive that another one of the big companies rated the yamaha at 2 more hp.

ive ridden both so if you have any questions on a ride review go ahead and ask.

Old 02-17-2004, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

i always appreciate some ambition! hey, the trx is a great bike and it rips, but if i were you (or if you were my kid) and already had a good bike like the z400, i would get the 450 yoshi kit and stuff for it. honor roll is good and all but to be honest - for eigth grade doesnt really mean a whole lot in the real world. Im not knockin it, but at this rate, what would you get if you graduated high school with honors? a ferrari? if you do great, i'm glad but the hard truth is that the reward doesnt fit the accomplishment, IMO.

and by the way- you are not going to 'crawl' over many rocks with the 450R unless you gear it down, b/c 1st gear is too tall for that.

Old 02-17-2004, 12:34 AM
Range Rover

1st gear isnt to tall. its just that most are used to riding 250ex and warriors that they forget what they are riding.come on now!Do you really think that Honda is going to go through so muh r&d and not get the gearing right? dirtwheels was just commenting on what atv sport said. And everyone knows that atv sport is biased strictly on gasgas, bombardier, and other oddball quads just so they can twist their arm into making something better. the trx450r is the best of the 450 bikes and Tim farr is proving it. Race results do not lie!

Old 02-17-2004, 12:35 AM
Trailblazer

ahha i was joknig about crawling rocks and i understand but i pay a few buck amonth for the baby and i also have a twin brother who ishare the Z with...e may only ride it about 1 time a week mabey 2 but its an excuse for soemthing new not trying to sound spoiled but yea i was thinkngi about modding the Z but then i still got 1 quad ya kno and sharing something like that sucks andif i put all this money into is and like a new suspention ans tuff its gonna be around 4 grand for full suspention and the yoshi kit and i mine as well get a new wheeler and i could pick a new one up for around.....6,050 or 6,100 and yes a ferari sounds pretty good but....pot holes are a killer thanks
and not tring to argue but the honda has like.....mid 50s HP but ive never heard any real numbers on the YFZ.....intresting

Old 02-17-2004, 12:40 AM
Trailblazer

OHH CAPTIAN CARAL that is VERY true....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] oh yea and RIDLIY with the nuclear wate picture or whatever that black and yellow circle object is.....i wouldnt be asking for ur 3 bucks JUST yet mister we will see at the end of the season....and I DO except PAY PAL , cash , money orders, or cheack..a credit card number will do just fine also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2004, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

1st gear isnt to tall. its just that most are used to riding 250ex and warriors that they forget what they are riding.come on now!Do you really think that Honda is going to go through so muh r&d and not get the gearing right?
dude, i HAVE one! I was one of the first people in the state to get a 450R. I can tell for a FACT that 1st is taller than it should be. that is my only 'complaint' with this bike. I depend on no magazine for this info.

Quick Reply: whos got more power TRX or YFZ??