Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

whos got more power TRX or YFZ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 12:44 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whos got more power TRX or YFZ??

1blazinltz. I do not understand your dimeanor at all. dont get pi$$y with me. ive got the same deal going on right now and give me a few days to work it out and i will get to you next. i can't do but so many things at one time you know. i might take $300 if i am not backed up after next week. i'll let you know.

Old 02-17-2004, 12:45 AM
Trailblazer

yea u have to get them number back to me but honda has some good financng deals and as ar as relability goes i mean idont think ne thing can compare but the YFZ HAS been around a little longer but honda also didnt just throw this bike togather they put some thoguht into it just like the 400ex its almost 9 years old and like last year they started rally making 4 stroke quads that could like top it all around

Old 02-17-2004, 12:46 AM
Range Rover

twentycharacters,you wouldn't have noticed it had you not read it elsewhere first. flat out,you do not know how to ride if you honestly think 1st gear is to tall. i dont notice it and i have credentials.

Old 02-17-2004, 12:50 AM
Trailblazer

woah captian caral i msorry iwasnt getting pi$$y really but i havent even driven the TRX yet so i cant even tell you and i have a question for both of u .....with thiskick start...how hard is it to kick ? my legs look like tooth picks and im about 105 pounds shoudl i have trouble? and what is this"hot start" thing i kno what it does bt how exactly do u use it?

Old 02-17-2004, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

compared to my yfz from the trx that i rode first gear did seem a little too tall. The bikes front end was also too light for my riding style. I do a lot of racing up dunes so the front end made me have to sit on the gas tank. Other then that i had nothing to complain about the bike. It was extremely comfortable. Fast enough to be called a race bike, and handled very well.

The yfz just suits my needs a little more.

Old 02-17-2004, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

twentycharacters,you wouldn't have noticed it had you not read it elsewhere first. flat out,you do not know how to ride if you honestly think 1st gear is to tall. i dont notice it and i have credentials.
BS! dude dont start with me. you are just flaming and running your mouth. The hell i didnt notice it and cant ride! I have been riding since i could walk. i have one and judging from what i had/rode i can say it's tall. to each his own, though...if you dont think so then fine. i dont care. i see your 'credentials', but you know what? i dont care about that either. I have never heard of you. you are not the only judge or law when it comes to quads. so if YOU say something isnt so- then thats the way it is? you are no better than a magazine for such thinking.

Old 02-17-2004, 01:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider

1blazinltz- Take this for what it is worth.
1. Yamha has won 2 shootout in the mags and they claim the yamaha has more power and wins the dragraces. The 2 weigh basicly the same

2. The honda quad has a GUTTED version of the dirtbike motor. Less never equals more. The dirtbike has hotter cam, lighter piston, FCR etc, the quad was shortchanged.

3. The only dyno that shows more HP for the honda came from a honda diehard on here. All the other dynos show the yamaha with as much as 6 hp more.

Honda shipped the quad with the carb screwed up to start with. (Gabby on here (1986ATC) Has made numerous comments to that effect. (set the tps something)

Now you seem like a smart guy so figure it out.

Captain carl has a point on the coatings. Knock on his shop door and he will fill you in.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

YOU CAN POSSIBLY GET 4 MORE HP ON THE HONDA. DURING A DRAGRACE IF YOU CAN USE THE KICKSTART LIKE A PEDAL YOU CAN GET 400 MORE RPM'S ON TOP

Old 02-17-2004, 01:08 AM
Trailblazer

...can u really use the kick start like that? and i was wondering if u knew how much horsepower the lil HRC kit would do?

Old 02-17-2004, 01:08 AM
Range Rover

1blazinltz,you are a nut.

Old 02-17-2004, 01:10 AM
Trailblazer

thakns buddy but really carl u seriosuly no jkoingly have been a help likke answering my questions and what have u done to ur quad?

Quick Reply: whos got more power TRX or YFZ??