Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

No Enough 450R's

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Enough 450R's

I went down to the Cycle shop here in Reno They got 6 new 450's in and all sold before they came in one guy got cheated out of his because another guy offered the dealership 1k more to purchase it from underneath the guy poor thing he even had a deposit on the bike, do you think thats fair is Honda building them fast enough?

Old 02-17-2004, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default No Enough 450R's

Honda dealers will do what every other company will do. With a high demand, they will keep the supply low, thus get premium price. Once the demand goes down, you will see more at the dealers, and a lower price.

Old 02-17-2004, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default No Enough 450R's

Originally posted by: huskerjim
I went down to the Cycle shop here in Reno They got 6 new 450's in and all sold before they came in one guy got cheated out of his because another guy offered the dealership 1k more to purchase it from underneath the guy poor thing he even had a deposit on the bike, do you think thats fair is Honda building them fast enough?

Personally I wouldn't do buisness with that dealership again. I'm big time free market, whatever the market will bare but if he had a deposit on that quad and they in turn sold it to someone else that is ethicly wrong! I would start to wonder about how they conduct buiss. in all areas of the dealership.

Old 02-17-2004, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default No Enough 450R's

thats what I told the guy, I told him to drive a little ways and get one.

Old 02-17-2004, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default No Enough 450R's

My local dealer had like 10 of them on floor this past weekend and only 1 was sold. I asked the sales guy about it and he said people mostly just sat on them, looked at em for a bit and ended up buying a YFZ450 instead....

Old 02-17-2004, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default No Enough 450R's

Honda is only $400 cheaper it's almost worth getting the yfz for the starter and extra couple ponies.

Old 02-17-2004, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default No Enough 450R's

Huskerjim- couple of things : 1. If the guy indeed had a deposit down on the quad and a verbal contract then the dealer may actually be liable for fraud and or breach of contract. If I were him, I would push the dealer hard for the 450R at cost just for ethical reasons. At the very least the dealer would be obligated to refund the deposit. Two parties entered into an agreement and the dealer broke it.
The dealer would be liable to make the buyer whole again if he decided he wanted his money back. (courtesy of the People's Court)

2. The guy may not be telling you the truth, didn't have the money in time, etc. etc.

I think Honda is going to try and get them out the door as soon as possible. Every business is in the business to make money. Honda doesn't profit if their quads aren't being sold. I don't buy the theory that they are holding quads back to keep the prices high. Supply and demand is a beautiful thing, however MSRP has been announced for sometime now. If dealers choose to gouge the customers, they are only helping/hurting themselves. This is not a directive of the Honda corporation. Once the demand goes down, Honda may in fact slow production and or offer incentives to customers.

AlphaRaptor660R- Unfortunately, I think you are going to see that in some areas. Honda can thank some of the latest ATV reviews for some of the loss in sales. For a pretty darn good quad, the Honda received less than glowing reviews. Of course hitting the market late, etc. etc. I saw a similar thing happen with the YFZs at the local dealer in Broken Arrow. For awhile they couldn't keep a YFZ on hand, then honda announced the 450R and the buying slowed. One of the YFZs seemed like it sat there forever. Of course when the gas-gas/YFZ/450R shootout came out. The YFZs started flying off the showroom floor. It is very interesting the effect that the media and advertising dollars can have on people's spending and buying perceptions. Heck, I damn near bought the YFZ because of some of the garbage that I read. Not saying that I wouldn't have liked the YFZ, just that the 450R was a better fit and I am very pleased with it.

Old 02-17-2004, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default No Enough 450R's

Originally posted by: learning2fly
Huskerjim- couple of things : 1. If the guy indeed had a deposit down on the quad and a verbal contract then the dealer may actually be liable for fraud and or breach of contract. If I were him, I would push the dealer hard for the 450R at cost just for ethical reasons. At the very least the dealer would be obligated to refund the deposit. Two parties entered into an agreement and the dealer broke it.
The dealer would be liable to make the buyer whole again if he decided he wanted his money back. (courtesy of the People's Court)

2. The guy may not be telling you the truth, didn't have the money in time, etc. etc.

I think Honda is going to try and get them out the door as soon as possible. Every business is in the business to make money. Honda doesn't profit if their quads aren't being sold. I don't buy the theory that they are holding quads back to keep the prices high. Supply and demand is a beautiful thing, however MSRP has been announced for sometime now. If dealers choose to gouge the customers, they are only helping/hurting themselves. This is not a directive of the Honda corporation. Once the demand goes down, Honda may in fact slow production and or offer incentives to customers.

AlphaRaptor660R- Unfortunately, I think you are going to see that in some areas. Honda can thank some of the latest ATV reviews for some of the loss in sales. For a pretty darn good quad, the Honda received less than glowing reviews. Of course hitting the market late, etc. etc. I saw a similar thing happen with the YFZs at the local dealer in Broken Arrow. For awhile they couldn't keep a YFZ on hand, then honda announced the 450R and the buying slowed. One of the YFZs seemed like it sat there forever. Of course when the gas-gas/YFZ/450R shootout came out. The YFZs started flying off the showroom floor. It is very interesting the effect that the media and advertising dollars can have on people's spending and buying perceptions. Heck, I damn near bought the YFZ because of some of the garbage that I read. Not saying that I wouldn't have liked the YFZ, just that the 450R was a better fit and I am very pleased with it.
Whew, I agree the dealer told him they promise they would have one in for him within 3 days so he is happy don't know the guy but he was at the dealer when I was talking with him, they had one sitting their waiting for another buyer to pick it up I sat on it and it was like I was on cloud 9 it felt soooooo goooood I'm 5'7" and I sat on a YFZ and the Honda sat better for me I can't wait to find someone out at the dunes that will let me take a small ride to see how it feels, I was surprised how much close both frames compared to each other the 450r and the 400ex it was almost scary but then again look at the suspension of the 400ex it is still one of the best Quads ever still. Hope you enjoy you wonderful ride I'm Jealous!

Old 02-17-2004, 11:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default No Enough 450R's

i didnt put down any money and ive had one three week paid 6400 with hrc kit but i instaled it myself

Old 02-19-2004, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default No Enough 450R's

Originally posted by: maytag
i didnt put down any money and ive had one three week paid 6400 with hrc kit but i instaled it myself
I hear alot HRC Kit what in the heck is that???

Quick Reply: No Enough 450R's