Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

TRX

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 02:10 AM
The Facility
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRX

KXracer,

The TRX450 engine is nothing like the CRF450 engine except with appearance and design. The parts that are shared between the two engines will fit into the palm of your hand......seriously.

And the top speed of the stock CRF engine IN THE BIKE CHASSIS is 76mph so unless you have went through this thing with a fine tooth comb and found power that Honda can't even find, there is no way you are getting that kind of speed in a quad chassis.

Old 03-07-2004, 02:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default TRX

thanks. is that what it was called? did you watch it? i could have swore they had a radar thing there and the announcers were even bragging about the speeds the riders were reaching...

Old 03-07-2004, 02:48 AM
The Facility
Default TRX

twenty,

I didn't see that particular race, but I do watch them from time to time. SuperMotard is the fastest growing motorsport in the U.S> over the past year. KTM even has a fully backed race team. Troy Lee has McGrath out there on a CRF as well. It's going mainstream with SuperMotard tracks popping up everywhere.

Locally, we don't have much in the way of SuperMotard. The nearest track is a 6 hour drive. We onverted a Cannondale E440R dirtbike into a SuperMotard just last month. It costs more money than you would think just with the chassis. Different wheels, tires, the entire brake system is changed to something similar to a road race bike, new suspension, and gearing that is unreal.

Old 03-07-2004, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default TRX

The CRF 450 could go 100. Mabey not from the factory but I bet you could get it up there. A stock XR600 from the factory goes 110.