Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Tires for 300EX..

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2000, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My holeshots are fastly wearing down, almost 2 day is killing them. Only 14 hours, and they have about 1/8 inch of tread left. They weren't new when i got them but darn close.

What are some good tires for everything?

I've been really thinking about bandits. But i've heard they aren't that great in mud. I don't ride in a lot, i just want something that when i need a decent mud tire I got it.

What size? I currently have 20" holeshots, should i got back up to the 22"? I'm not really concerned with topend. I would like a little more acceleration. Would i gain anything with the stock 22" size?

Thanks all

Old 07-09-2000, 05:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey
I have a pair of Holeshot xct's on the rear and bandits on the front
i hear that bendits preform pretty decent in mud just as good as holeshot the problem with the type of tire is that when it gets cloged with mud it is a slick and it just spins so i don't know bandits are a heavy tire but i run them because of the kevlar belt and i like the 6 ply xct's to both really tought and a great combo for corners

if i were buying a new set for the ex
i would either
go
Razors
Holeshot XC, XCT, Mabye MX
or
Bandits
or
wait
i hear that realtor made buy pure sport are great for mud and tons of conditions if u flip them around in the winter they scoop the snow great

Old 07-09-2000, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

I ordered Maxxis Razrs 6-ply less than 1 hour ago for my rears on the 300ex.

Old 07-09-2000, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider

Let me know how you like your razors!

Old 07-10-2000, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

maxxis all traks have served me real well....good all round tire

does any one know what those maxxis fronts go like...i think that is what they are called.....they are a directional 2wd front tire?
anyone running a pair on there quads

Old 07-10-2000, 03:57 AM
Pro Rider

I got bandits and I love em, but I dont ride in mud all that often. I think the realtors would be too much tire, especialy if you have the stock pipe. cause I used to have spider tracs on my 350x, and when I sold the bike I kept the tires. I put them on my 300ex and they were just too big, and theyre the same size as the realtors 22x12.5 and rubbed on the muffler when suspension was compresed. the bandits are kind of heavy but thats because they are 4 ply and puncture resistant. the holeshots are made for racing so there soft and light, which means they wear fast. I say if your not gonna do a lot of muddin then go with bandits 20x10x9. and unless your ridin in a mine field you dont need the kevlar belting. there is a lot of good tires to choose from so do some research.

Old 07-10-2000, 04:19 AM
Pro Rider

94DG blaster.I am dead serios GET THE RAZR'S!!!!I put the ones of my 250r on my 300ex and I LOVED them.They are 20/11/9 6 ply's on ITP .190 wheels.They slide great,good mudders(unlike holeshots)And I have had them on my 250r since febuary and they still have some of the little ***** on them.They have about 1/2 inch of tread still left.I ride my 250r alot to so it isn't because I never ride it.I also have holeshot mx's and they are a joke.They provide fairly decent traction and slide controllably but I have already had to replace them once.! because it was so bald and the other becuase a sidewall puncture.And if it is mud U want do go there with the mx's.I wouldn't have bought the mx's if I knew maxxis was going to have a new 18/10/8 razr out.I am going to get some as sson as my mx's where out again.I only ride mx with my holeshots to and I like them on a track but I hate them anywhere else espically sand.when I was drag racing I spun 1-4 gear with the mx's on sand.I deffinitly say get the razr's.

moded 86 trx250r
moded 87 LT500R
97 300ex
96 warrior
90 blaster
moded 98 jeep wrangler sahara edition.

Old 07-10-2000, 10:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

after about thirty hours, my Maxxis All-Trak's are still like new. excellent traction in all conditions, and they slide well to boot
--------------------------------------------------

Old 07-11-2000, 12:19 AM
Trailblazer

Try the Trail claw 2 22/11/9. Me and my friends have ran them for years.
PS did you ever go to Chris's rc track when he had it.

Old 07-11-2000, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider

I think i remember that. It was right in lafferty wasn't it? I don't know if we are thinking about the same thing. My aunt lived next door to a guy that held on RC races and stuff. It was right in lafferty, Around the station and moose. Actually everything here is centered around those to places.

If that's the place you are talking about, i think i was only 10 or so when he still had it.

And thanks for the info.

What about fast trekkers?

Quick Reply: Tires for 300EX..