Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Prices on a new Honda Rancher and Foreman

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 03:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prices on a new Honda Rancher and Foreman

Hello
I'n new here on these forums so I wanted to post some information that I thought everyone would find amusing and helpful. I am not yet a Honda owner, but will be in about two weeks and have been shopping prices on the 2004 Foreman 4x4 and 2004 Rancher 4x4 models. Wow!!! Prices are very different at different dealerships. Here are my low out the door prices so far. Now I'm looking for a plow and winch, any suggestions on good places to look for a deal on them.

Rancher 4x4 - 4099.00
Rancher ES 4x4 - 4199.00
Rancher AT 4x4 - 4999.00

Foreman 4x4 - 4799.00
Foreman ES 4x4 - 4950.00

Those are the cash prices. Financing adds 123.00 to those numbers.

I found those prices at www.abernathycycles.com.
I took them to my local honda dealers and told them to match the prices or I walk.........they matched the prices!!!!! My 1500.00 and Honda 6.9% means a payment of 55.00 on a 2004 Rancher ES for 60 months!!! I think I am doing OK on this deal considering they sell used on ebay for up to 5000.00.

By the Way.......I have also found the regular prices of up tp 6000.00 on the Foreman and 5500.00 on the rancher.

I know some will be skeptical of these prices, but I have the financing lined up on those numbers and hard copies of the financial workups. I dont pay charges for assembly/air in the tires/shipping!!!!

Retail is for Suckers!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-03-2004, 08:47 PM
Range Rover

Go for it, but when you go to that same dealer for service, lets see how they treat you. You sounded like you went in and went off on them about prices. It does not always mean you will be treated with the same service as someone who paid their original asking price.

I have bought too many new cars, and now my first quad. If dealers cut corners that short to get you to buy, they usually make up for it in service, or the lack of. Beware of the things to come from that dealer. Glad you got your price, just make sure you get the great service we all enjoy.

Old 03-03-2004, 09:24 PM
Trailblazer

I had considered that, but the reality is that I'm saving 900+ on the purchase in the first place. If the dealer is angry and doesn't want the deal, he can always not match the price. I shouldn't have to get hosed on the price to get an oil change for 50.00. If they treat me bad, I'll go to another dealer. I'm within solid driving distance of 5 honda dealers that I know about, plus the ones up in the pittsburgh area about 35 miles away. I dont ask to be penalized because I want the best price. By the way, dealers also make money on service as well. If we, the atv owners, would realize this, we would all benefit. If this dealer does not want to service this atv after the deal because I got a great price, then I'm sure another Honda dealer will be happy to take my 50.00 per hour. I did not ask the dealer to beat the price, after all, Tennessee, is 10 hours drive for me. I did make him match it, as I deserve. I dont have to drive to Tennessee now, and this dealer sells an ATV. He's still making money from the sale, just not a huge stinking bag of it at one time. I refuse to pay $$$$$$$ because someone tells me that they have good service. I've got news------at $50.00 per hour--------PLUS the inflated dealership parts costs----------- the service should be good no matter where I bought it, or how much I paid!!!!! Are we all so dilusional as to beleive that no one else will fix our ATV's for $50.00 per hour. Heck, some people will sell a kidney on EBAY for less than the price of a dealership first service!!! Please don't tell me about them doing me a favor by taking my ATV first, blah,blah,blah!!!!! My ATV is sitting in line with all the people who paid the $900+ more. I work hard for my money and DO NOT want to waste it by paying 900+ more for the same ATV. The question we should be asking the dealers is "How come yours is $900+ more for the same thing"? We should all wake up and realize that dealerships make money by selling ATV's and servicing ATV's. I submit that I will pay lowest price.....so should you......I will get good service.......so should you.......after all if you arent happy and dont come back.....the dealership goes belly up. If I dont go back to the dealership, I dont go belly up.....

Old 03-03-2004, 09:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Congratulations! If you can get that kind of price run with it. No such luck in the Arizona area on Honda AT's. Guess it depends on where you live and supply/demand. Enjoy!

Mojuan

Old 03-03-2004, 09:47 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry about the slight tirade up there.....I wanted to mention one other HUGE positive about these Honda prices and Honda prices overall......

If you pay lowest price for your Honda, it depreciates less than another bought at full price. Both ATv's will be worth the same no matter how much you pay for them new, assuming the same ATV/same features. Honda not only makes great ATV's and has excellent prices when you comparison shop, but they are AWESOME in resale value. In fact on ebay right now, some folks are paying more than 4300.00 for used ranchers from 2003 & 2004. In addition, look at the number of used 1980's and early 1990's Honda's still getting 2000+ on ebay during auctions. Those ATV's could only have sold new for 3000-4000 at most.....probably not even that ( my pricing is just a guess, help me out if you know). That means they have retained 50%+ of their value for 15 or more years....thats some deal!!!!! Even if you paid full price, your resale value 15 years from now will still be worth $$$$$$ compared to other atv's.

Old 03-03-2004, 09:49 PM
Trailblazer

Mojaun, the guys at abernathy's told me about a dealer in southern california that supposedly is the cheapest anywhere.....it's supposed to be in the san diego area, i think??

Old 03-06-2004, 11:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

the chillicothe dealer says its 4399 for an 04 rancher4x4 and 5099 for a foremanS