Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

OK! No one wants any of the SP500. How about I run stock against any modified HONDA in the Mud.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2000, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can have lift kits. 28 inch tires, locker,or anything else. I beleive a stock SP500 will still out perform your Honda.

Before you sissyboys start crying, I am not saying I am the best rider. I am not saying Honda Sucks. I am saying it is not in the same ballpark with a SP500. OK, Start the moaning but don't be scared. It will be just for fun and we will post the results here.

Greg

Old 07-11-2000, 12:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

WOW!!! YOU'RE SCARY!!!! KEEP RUNNIN' THEM JIBBS!!!

Old 07-11-2000, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider

I'd race ya through the mud on my EX. Just gimme a minute to mount my Trakker 20x12 paddles, I'll carry the front tires all the way through the mud hole.

Old 07-11-2000, 02:39 AM
Trailblazer

go ahead, do i care?

Old 07-11-2000, 04:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GREG,
Im pleased that you like your Sportsman,I like mine to.I also beleive that the Sportsman will out mud any STOCK Honda 4x4 quad made,giving that BOTH riders are equal in ability,HOWEVER,lets be careful with your wording here.You will not out mud ANY modified Honda with a stock Sportsman.It wont happen and you need to take a ''CHILL PILL''=====Later,and you be nice to the Honda guys,they're allright to.=====Bill

Old 07-11-2000, 10:11 AM
Trailblazer

Well put Mr. C. What is up with all the Sportsmans rule the earth deal? I ride with all kinds of different machines from modified 4x4s to 2wd sport machines. When we come across the mud holes, everybody jumps in only the smaller quads stay on the outskirts of the mud and roost around. When someone gets stuck, the closest guy with a winch is there to give a pull. I have helped pull out just as many Sportsmans as I have Hondas and Suzuki's. I'm not sure where your going with this stock Sportsman against a modified Honda thing. In my experience, a big bore 4x4 with big tires and a decent rider, spanks the crap out of any stocker. Maybe in my 15 years of riding I am doing something wrong or maybe you have a "magical sportsman" or sometehing. We all know Sportsmans do very well in most kinds of mud. There are other reasons why people buy quads too.

Old 07-11-2000, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

dude, could it be that 99.5% of atving.com members don't live anywhere near Texas? So don't think for a minute that you have no takers because of your mighty sp500(nice quad though). I'm not sure why you hang out so much in the Honda forum? Someone places a post for advice on buying a Honda and you immediately put your 2 cents in saying "go polaris". Sorry man, but your a thumb nail on the chalk board.

Old 07-11-2000, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bill Ciliberti, you provide a mature analysis and sound advice in your post to gregsims above. Your post appears especially profound and meaningful to me, because I know what a dedicated and loyal Polaris fan you are. I salute your leadership!

Tree Farmer

Old 07-11-2000, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

The only thing hondas are lacking is a locked front end(in the 4x4 part). I'm sure a stock rubicon(even though i hate them, best 4x4 my ***..) could compete with the SP500. If it had a locker on the front end.

Old 07-11-2000, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

Greg, have you posted your challenge at www.highlifter.com ? They are out of Shreeveport,Louisiana, Alot closer to Lindale TX.(90 minutes) Plus, most Highlifter ATVers have the mud-oriented wheelers, might be a good spot to find a local challenger. Later Polcat

Quick Reply: OK! No one wants any of the SP500. How about I run stock against any modified HONDA in the Mud.