Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Ranncher Robbery!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2000, 01:14 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I definitely agree with the merciless gouging thing, as does IndyDave. The dealer who sold my truck to me tried the gouging thing just a little while ago. Charging me twice for replacing a faulty spark plug. That didn't work!

About that Polaris owner joke, the only way that can fly is if I am the polaris owner your taking to lunch, heheh.

I am currently fighting with the moving company to hurry the h*ll up with my Quad. Oh Ya, the rest of that furniture and stuff, but that is secondary to the ATV!

SP500 in NS

Old 07-12-2000, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

Well, it looks like we all have made some good points.

Tree Farmer, I appreciate your' defense. SP500, I did direct that comment at you, in reply to the last sentence of your' post. "Someone is robbing thier customers..." or something to that effect. I was simply pointing out that it goes across the board.

IF, I took this out of context, I apologize for that, but, my reply was not meant as maliciously as you took it. And at the same time, would not edit any part of my post. It all stands.

This is not "my" Honda forum. We all NEED to be here. I doubt that you could be as big an agitator as Greg Simms if you tried, and even HE doesn't bother me.

No offense taken, and hopefully none given, this is what it's all about, without the bashing of course. I am not a militant supporter of any brand. I love my Honda, but am truly impressed with the "Premium" Polaris', and am trying to figure out a way of "giving my wife and kids" the Honda, and getting an SP500 for myself. I'll have the best of both that way.

Dave

Old 07-12-2000, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

I'm starting my own dealer. Who's goin' in with me??

Old 07-12-2000, 01:58 PM
Range Rover

Good reply Dave.

I really didn't mean it to sound like it was just Honda dealers who gouge. I put it on the Honda forum to see if anyone else who had brought a Rancher had this happen to them and racks were actually standard.

I hope that whole "give to the wife and kids" thing works. If it does let me know how you did it so I can convince my woman I need another machine, so she can have something to ride. :-)
I'd give up the SP500 to her, so I would have to tool around on one of those Raptors, or maybe a Cannondale.

SP500 in NS

Old 07-12-2000, 02:04 PM
Range Rover

I have actually been seriously considering that......

It would be really cool to own a successful Honda or Kawasaki or Yamaha or Suzuki Dealership. Notice I don't mention Polaris ....... the reason - they don't have any street Bikes I like, heheh, what would I ride back and forth to work on???? Probably an R1 or Hayabusa! That's what I call commuting.

SP500 in NS

Old 07-12-2000, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

SP500,
Racks should always be Standard on Utility quads, I can't understand why a dealer would have them as an option...that to me is Robbery as you have allready explained.

Old 07-12-2000, 06:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

SP500inNS

I too live in Halifax. You did not tell us what model he bought. I just purchased a 350 4x4 foot shift orange. I paid $7649.00 CND out the door, for our friends to the South that's $5154.75 USD. Within 150 Km of Halifax there are 4 Honda Dealers, I contacted all of them before my purchase and 3 were all within $100.00 of each other. The forth was asking $8738.65 out the door. About the racks, they are absolutely included on utility machines. If they charged him extra for the racks I would definitely contact Honda Canada (888) 946-6329. He might even want to contact the Better Business Bureau. Let us know how he makes out.

Old 07-12-2000, 10:56 PM
Trailblazer

HEY, wanna hear about some real robery??? My brand new 300ex and brand new blaster were both stolen... This was a few years back...we found out whole stole them, and believe me, his legs are gonna be broken. if anyone has my back email me. Dirtpr0@aol.com

Old 07-13-2000, 08:13 AM
Range Rover

This happened in Newfoundland, so I am not sure what the list price is out there, but it is very possibly more expensive there the rest of Canada. I will get the whole story after this weekend. By the way, thanks for the Honda Canada phone number I couldn't find it and was about to post here to find it.

Kevin2,

Where do you ride???

My quad finally arrived in town last night. It was out of gas though and I never got the satisfaction of hearing it run and driving it off the truck into the garage. So today I have a gas can in my truck while I sit here at work waiting to go home. Then on the way home I will buy some gas for the quad and get it running tonight. Of course, I have no where to ride it, but just to hear it running will be music to my ears!

SP500 in NS

Old 07-13-2000, 12:12 PM
Trailblazer

Thats alot for a Rancher(9000)
Im getting mine for 6799 + tax(Thats in Canadian dollars)
Should be roughly 7600 out the door

Quick Reply: Ranncher Robbery!