Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Ranncher Robbery!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2000, 08:06 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was talking to my cousin on this week and he told me about his new Rancher. SO when it came to details on the pricing I almost had a cornary. It was cost him $9000(Remember this is Canadian)! Even in Canadian funds that is a LOT of Cash! SO I asked him about this. He said the racks were extra! Someone is robbing their customers.....

SP500 in NS

Old 07-12-2000, 09:00 AM
Pro Rider

Racks are of course standard. Sounds like dealer gouging. Have him call Honda.

How about this Mr. SP500 ?

A young friend of mine went to his POLARIS dealer for a new CV boot. $219 for a rear shaft assembly including CV boot. We all know that CV boots are sold separately, but someone there was hoping that this 19 year old kid with an SP 500 driving up in a new 4x4 pickup truck wouldn't.

Well ?

Oh, and BTW, this wasn't some "parts girl" that didn't know better, it was a mechanic.

Old 07-12-2000, 09:12 AM
Range Rover

This will be the one and only time I respond to this post in this context.

Apparently IndyDave took this post as me trying to have a dig at the "Honda Camp". This is not how I intended this post to be taken. I don't subscribe to that "mine is better/bigger/badder/etc than yours" garbage.

I know racks are standard and the reason I posted this was to point out the gouging on this dealers part. The dealer could also sell Polaris for all I know. I didn't post this to say "See, cause this dealer is a da*m thief, that makes my quad is better than yours".

So Mr. Indy don't pee your pants when you see someone with Polaris in their name post something in "your" Honda Forum. Not all of us here exist to start a squabble. If you like to squabble go to a BINGO hall and tell them ladies they can't smoke!

SP500 in NS

Old 07-12-2000, 09:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With no dog of my own in this fight, SP500inNS, I suggest--consider the possibility IndyDave intended no malice. Re-read his post and look for the possibility he meant no offense to you.

I cannot see any way a casual observer would interpret IndyDave's post as insulting to you or anyone else.

IndyDave agrees with you, then provides a corroborating example of an ATV dealership dealership gouging a customer, an anecdote consonant with your topic.

If you're offended by IndyDave's account, SP500inNS, perhaps you're excessively sensitive.

Or did I miss something?

Tree Farmer

Old 07-12-2000, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

The post could be taken either way depending on what you might want to take out of it. but it is in no way the manufacturers fault that people are ripping others off. but it happens all the time, with allot of things.

Old 07-12-2000, 11:31 AM
Range Rover

I think you may have missed something Tree Farmer.
Three things point to the intent of IndyDave's post to me.

First, the tone of the "Well Mr SP500", then the capitalization of the POLARIS, then the "Well?" at the bottom.

I felt the my original interpretation of the original post was correct.

But then again, maybe I am being too insensitive, I have been with out my quad for close to a month and that makes me a littl cranky! :-)

SP500 in NS

Old 07-12-2000, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

Getting charged extra for the racks? This should be reported to Honda & let them investigate.

It just shows you, no matter who the dealer is, they can all get greedy.

Finding a good dealer is hard to do..........

Old 07-12-2000, 11:53 AM
Range Rover

Cant say I want to comment on the little quable, but I would suggest to contact Honda about this. I can't see that they would want their dealers screwing people on their quads.

Old 07-12-2000, 12:00 PM
Range Rover

I will be visiting him this weekend for some riding (If I get my quad back in time) and I will definitely tell him to contact Honda. I am sure they will do some thing about it. This is in Canada, but I am still sure the racks are standard! Right??

SP500 in NS

Old 07-12-2000, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see your point and understand how things might appear from your perspective, SP500inNS. Regardless, IndyDave agreed with your premise and provided another supporting example, significant parts I retained from a casual reading of your exchange. I won't infer IndyDave's motive, justify his tone, or second-guess its appearance to and effect on you.

I think you both agree--dealers sometimes gouge customers mercilessly, without respect to brands. True?

Best wishes to all.

Tree Farmer

P.S. Hope you get on that quad soon, SP500inNS! Even if it IS a Polaris! (Hey, I'm joking! Why, some of my best friends ride Polarises. I even took a Polaris rider to lunch last week. Or was it week-before-last . . .?)

T.F.

Quick Reply: Ranncher Robbery!