Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Cannondale Controversy

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2000, 01:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I'm just writing this to get a idea as to what everyone is expecting in the new Cannondale.
Well here is my take on the bike,

-It will not be that great the first year or for many years as the company has no expierance in the quad bussiness eg. Husabergs

-Cannondale has reported to many Dirt Bike Magazines that they will bring their new machine and it will kick everything else's a$$ but guess what they never showed up for the tests.

-The motor is still under testing as they have had trouble with the EFI and it has trouble starting and other carburation problems.

-The machine will have poor handing characteristics as evident with the aluminum frame, In case your not familar with the Dirt Bike world then you wouldn't know that the aluminum frame in the newer CR's vibrates, and bends severely and has far more problems than the other company's conventional steel frames.

-I believe that this quad will generate extreme amounts of hype with its radical frame and motor but I advise all of you when cruising down to your dealer to pick one up my advise is to just wait.

-I'm not being impartial in any of these decisions and I believe that this quad is mearly a joke and that all the other quads will blow it away, I even believe that a Banshee will beat it in a shoot-out, But these are all just my ideas and I could be wrong.

Thanks,
BUB

1999 Wolverine
1999 Grizzly
1995 Warrior
1995 LT 80
1990 Lt 160
ATC 200x
possibly a 1986 250R which I'm in the process of dealing on right now.

Old 07-12-2000, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

Cannondale are the masters of aluminum i doubt there frames will have much trouble. Not sure why the they are doing any of the others stuff.

Old 07-12-2000, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

Actually the aluminum framed CR250's ('97-'99) were criticized because they were too rigid and unforgiving. I have never heard of one "severely bending" or having problems under typical MX bike use. Because of their rigidity they were branded as an "Expert only" bike by the magazines.

In fact, the redesigned 2000 CR (they changed the torsional and lateral rigidity of the aluminum frame) is said to be far better than it's steel competition.

You sure are making a lot of assumptions and criticisms. From what I have seen so far, I think your assumptions are quite unfounded.

Old 07-12-2000, 03:28 PM
guy
Range Rover

Well, I think it will be excellent because they are taking their time with its release. I don't blame them because with all of the technology this bike has I want it to be tested and tested again. Who knows, this may be the next 250R. Guys, don't kill me for that!!

Old 07-12-2000, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard from a dealer that they had problems with the trans and also the efi. So the release date was pushed forward.

Old 07-12-2000, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

I know there bike frames are super super stiff. I am sure there quad will be good , there bikes are some of the best, Cannondale did not become one of the best in the bike business, to then make crappy atv's.

Old 07-13-2000, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

I personally think that the FX will be a great quad. If they can make all the technology to work as good as it looks on paper, then it will be one the best bikes ever.

You really can't go based on how well they make bicycles. Look at Polaris for instance. They always have been one of the best in snowmobiling. Then in 1985 they ventured into ATVs. Well, even I, a very happy Polaris owner, will say that the early Polaris quads were definitly not up to par. But after years of increased QA, they make some good bikes. So who knows, it might take Cannondale a few years too. But no matter what, this is good for our sport.

Old 07-13-2000, 12:33 AM
Trailblazer

if the fx is going to be pushed back like the mx that should have debuted 2 years ago, its gonna be a while before it ever comes out.

Old 07-13-2000, 08:09 AM
Pro Rider

let me see the bike in action first!!!!....like the raptor.....i saw it but they wouldn't let me ride it!

you are free to say what you want about the quad...everyone has the right to free speach....but i feel you are jumping to too many conclusions!....there is nolonger place for poor quality quads in the market place....hey there are heaps of other quads to buy in that same catergory.....and since its there only quad in the product range....it would be silly for them to dissapoint the target market.....you!

the company must produce a good product, the last thing they will want is a bad perception in the consumers eyes.....that doesn't sell quads!

....when is the GasGAs atv coming out?

Old 07-13-2000, 09:33 AM
Range Rover

it may be faster, but I still think the 400ex will handle and jump better, all that technolegy is just something else to break down. I love how honda keeps it simple.

Quick Reply: Cannondale Controversy