Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

WARNING CT Racing... Poor Business

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING CT Racing... Poor Business

hey guys, i been usin cycle works racing in PA for all my light machine work...there really great, anyone sent anything heavy to them yet??(like port/polish/bore ect)--interested to know what kinda work there doin..

Old 03-14-2004, 03:06 AM
Pro Rider

I haven't heard any thing about CT but i know their bikes are kinda slow =X.. I was drag racing with my neighbor (his is a 85' ATC 310 on pump gas), the other guy was on a fully drag ported 330 fourtrax and jeez.. my neighbor was hooking up too much when he launched and would just wheelie it so he would have to let off.. but he STILL beat the guy half way up the hill.

Old 03-14-2004, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

well anyone in business that hangs up over a irate customer has to suck...you should resolve the problem and be polite with the customer not hang up on them!

Old 03-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: K_Fulk
Why did you send it out that far? There are plenty of good builders in ohio. I'm sure you will get all your parts back though.
their is a Kawasaki/Suzuki shop in Mansfield Ohio a guy named jimmy is the service manager he built a few for me and he knows local people to do machine work and it's done right check with him if any local ohio'ens want some motor work done.

Old 03-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

I dont know how long its been since you been to mansfield but, McCunes has Honda now too. Its hard to tell if the guy still works their they go through a bunch of employees and i never took anything there for service.

I had Dave Hopper build my motor. He has a shop in the old westinghouse building on 5th st. Its hard to beat his prices or his engine's performance. Even McCunes will refer you to him if you want to build up a motor.

Old 03-14-2004, 01:10 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R
I haven't heard any complains about Craycraft Racing yet. Bob seems to have his customer service at the top of the list.
i bought a mbrp header from bob and he dilivered it to me at my home town two hours away from his.hows that for good buisness

Old 03-14-2004, 07:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Myself and Bob have had several convo's back and forth, and we have not had a problem. We have changed idea's and products, and never had a problem.

Top of the line in customer service. No question about it.

Old 03-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R
Myself and Bob have had several convo's back and forth, and we have not had a problem. We have changed idea's and products, and never had a problem.

Top of the line in customer service. No question about it.
What does this have to do with CT?

Dude, everyone knows your getting a Craycraft motor. Give it a rest! Your like a broken record, Alba is great, and a motor that I have not got back is soooo awesome. Where is the rolling eyes icon when you need it.

Old 03-14-2004, 09:04 PM
Range Rover

Yeah, I guess that it was a bad idea to send my motor to California, it is a long way from Ohio. Belive me, I won't be sending it that far again. I talked to my local dealer, they were the ones who told me about CT Racing. I did some checking around, and there prices seemed to be comperable to everyone else. I was never rude, irate, or even try to sound like I was mad. They have something that is very important to me. My quad is completey useless with out an engine. I do want it done right. When I called them every time, yes, I do admit, I complained. But I feel that I have the right to. What would you do if the company that you sent your very expensive motor to kept making mistakes. And when they tried to correct them, the either sent you some one elses motor, or when they did send you the right one, pieces were missing. They forgot to send me the head. That is a pretty massive deal! It is not something that could be ''overlooked'' ! I am wondering how well is this thing going to run when (and if) I ever get it back together. When I opened the box, there was a packing slip in it. It said that if there was anything wrong with my order, to contact CT racing imedatly! So when I did, I told them what had happeded and that I was really unhappy with there performance as a business. The person that I talked to said that he couldn't help me, that every one was gone for the day (it was like noon there time) and to call again on monday. I asked them to call me, cause it is long distance on my phone, and while it is not a big deal, I don't want to pay the one or two dollars to try and fix there mistakes. I asked the person on the phone to have some one call me, and let them know what is wrong so that I didn't have to explain everything again. He told me in a some what rude mannor and is so many four letter words that that couldn't be done, that I had to call them and be put on hold 'till some one could talk to me on monday. Then he hung up on me. CT Racing does very pour business. I was trying to be polite, I do understand that accidents do happen. I can even forgive most of the stuff that happens. But no one should ever hang up on some one who has invested 1500 dollars into there company and not got the level of service promiced. Now when I talk to them on monday, of course I am going to be upset, and if I don't get the answers that I expect, I will have to take actions against CT Racing. Lets just hope that everything goes well when I call on monday. I will put up a post to let everyone know what happens.

Old 03-15-2004, 12:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered a pipe from them. I had it shipped next day air because I had a race saturday and was heading up friday night. It was thursday. I ordered it through trenga racing. Friday afternoon I called trenga looking for my pipe. It had been shipped to them instead of me accidentally and they had had it all day. I chewed them out for not calling me to tell me what happened. I called CT. It was too late to ship it to me that day, but they covered the tab to have it shipped overnight. It was at my house by 9 am and I had time to get to my race. Now the screwup was stupid. Trenga got an earfull from me. Eric at trenga tried to make it right, and CT said to do whatever it takes and they would pick up the tab. I think thats some good customer service.

Quick Reply: WARNING CT Racing... Poor Business