Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

WARNING CT Racing... Poor Business

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING CT Racing... Poor Business

I am writing to WARN everyone out there about a company called CT Racing. I sent my 400ex motor in there to have them bore it out. First of all, they told me that it would be 3-4 weeks until it got completed. It took 5. Not a big deal, but then when it came time to have it shipped, they told me that since it was late, it would be sent 3 day express. They shipped the wrong motor out. BIG DEAL! When I called them, they said that they would ship mine out right away. It took 5 days to get here (Now 2 weeks late). When it arrived, I only had half of the parts that I was supposed to. I called them to again complain, tell them that they still have the head, they need to ship it now and got hung up on. NO ONE USE CT RACING in California. They will screw you over.

Old 03-12-2004, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

Why did you send it out that far? There are plenty of good builders in ohio. I'm sure you will get all your parts back though.

Old 03-13-2004, 12:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sorry to hear that bro. I hope you get it all figured out, and thanks for the warning about the crappy business practices of CT Racing.

Old 03-13-2004, 12:20 AM
The Facility

CT has been in business longer than most other guys in the aftermarket have been riding quads.

Allen built his company to what is is based on customer service.

I'm not making excuses for CT, but if you do a search here, you will see similar posts like yours regarding EVERY popular engine builder out there.
No one's perfect, even when they try to be.

As far as hanging up the phone on you.......
If you were trying to lay the smack down over the phone lines, they did the right thing by not responding and hanging up.

If they simply didn't want to talk to you and you were trying to make a calm, rational request for things to be straightened out.....shame on them.

Anyway, I'm not siding with anyone. Just making the point that errors happen occasionally to all these guys.

Old 03-13-2004, 01:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I haven't heard any complains about Craycraft Racing yet. Bob seems to have his customer service at the top of the list.

Old 03-13-2004, 02:13 AM
The Facility

I'm not bashing Craycraft, but I would hardly put him in the ranks of Sparks, Duncan, CTR, Trinity, FST, PBR, Powroll, and others as far as "quanity for the masses" is concerned.

You are right about his reputation here on the forum.

He seems to have you Raptors guys taken care of anyway from all that I have seen.

Old 03-13-2004, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider

It's a busy time of the year for this sport. Probly a coulple of new employes. (kids).

Old 03-13-2004, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

Man, I'd be rippin if i was you. This is the first time I have heard a complaint about them, for the most part I always heard they did good work. No reason for customer service to be so $h!tty if they're getting paid that much. I was gunna send my KFX motor out to them this fall........fork that idea.

Old 03-13-2004, 03:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well Bob definetly know's what is going on. His turn around time is awesome, he doesn't charge a arm and a leg, and you can get in contact with him fairly easy. All that add's up to a good company to do work with.

Old 03-13-2004, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

Yes CT service really sucks, and there motors are really slow if you guys havent figured that out yet.

OutRacing. you should not have to send you motor to a diffrent state at all to get bored!! Im sure there are alot of places around you that will bore it for ya. If you were getting other stuff done to it then I could see sending it out of the state for somebody to do it.

Quick Reply: WARNING CT Racing... Poor Business