Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Anyone ever leave an ATV in the mud?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever leave an ATV in the mud?

" ok turtle...I'm going this way..and if you get run over..its your own fault.....VROOM!! SQUASH!.....oops.."

Old 03-30-2004, 03:45 PM
Quad Patrol

i'm not going to sit here and tell you guys and or gals you shouldn't run from the law. You know you shouldn't. When your caught (we do catch people) don't whine about it. When they close more and more areas to off-road ridng, you only have yourself to blame. Grow up and ride Responsibly. Lt.Dan

Old 03-30-2004, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

nah, I'll keep riding, the cops out here need the exercise, its pretty sad that I out ran 2 cops on foot...well..wait..thats very sad.....

Old 03-30-2004, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

I ran into one of my old co-workers last sping and he told me about leaving his quad in the woods for a week while he scrounged up some parts and his days off. While he was gone a bear decided to eat the seat and gas tank, shifter ***** and everthing else related to that area. He was lucky the bear did not eat his tires. When I saw him he was going into cardiac arrest over what Suzuki wanted for a new seat and gas tank, I informed him of the salvage yard out in Eagle River and he was able to save alot of money,

I also know of another quad down in Dillingham that was tucked under a cabin and a bear used the tires for chew toys and some small critter ate the handgrips and the shifter *****.

I have not left anything in the woods to date but have come close. I had sunk my snowmachine thru the ice and was able to get back in time with a truck and alot of rope( 4 sets of 300 feet commercial fishing rope) before the ice froze back over. AlaskaBoy.

Old 03-31-2004, 10:39 AM
Trailblazer

A friend of mine and his cousin decided to journey into the rear swamp. My buddy Ryan and I knew better than to attempt to cross this hole. So we got his cousin Jonn to do it. Little did he know the previous year we had drove through that swamp so much that we tore it up pretty bad. It was nothing but muck. But he took his 660 Griz and tried it. 5 TIMES!!! He got no where fast. Needless to say we had to pull his *** out every time untill Ryans winch snapped. So I tied up to it and yanked him out no problem....Then he took the Griz to another section of the yard (another swamp) and just burried him self. Me and Ryan laughed took off and had a few beers ate dinner and came back and pulled him out. Griz 660 /0 --- Honda Rancher 350's /6

Old 04-01-2004, 07:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

i had myTRX400EX 3 weeks took it out on the right-of-ways after heavt rains started crossing apeice of water about 35-40' wide didnt look to be over 2' deep in the center got about 10' in found out there was a serious undertow...got sucked in...not 2'....try about14'...id swimm a few strokes push the wheel had to leave it went back in 3 days changed the plug fired it up and blink gone again

Old 04-02-2004, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

The day I got my 4x4 Rancher I had it stuck for 6 hoursin a mud pit. We finally had to roll it over 6 or 7 times to a hard spot to drive back. That tought me. Now it has a superwinch with tires.

Old 04-02-2004, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

all I'll say is Ive been pulled out by a tractor, twice, nothing else could do it, and to make matters worse, it was the same hole both times

Old 04-02-2004, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

Buddy of mine got his Toyota stuck one night and we had to leave it until morning. He wanted to stay with it so nobody would mess with it. He asked us to go get him some beer(he didn't start drinking until after he got stuck). So we brought him a 12 pack and went back to the barracks. We got a call later, the base police found him and arrested him for DUI even though the truck was undriveable - he was in it and drunk.

Old 04-02-2004, 07:47 AM
Range Rover

I don't have any experience winching, but I was reading a recent issue of Four Wheeler magazine (for trucks, but the techniques should apply) that had an interesting article on winching, and it talked about using pulleys and stuff to get unstuck easier. For example, using one pulley to double back would give you twice the rating of your winch. I wonder if that would help with some of the really bad stucks.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever leave an ATV in the mud?