Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Anyone ever leave an ATV in the mud?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 03:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever leave an ATV in the mud?

In my 10 years of Riding yesterday was only the 2nd time I ever contemplated leaving my ATV for dead in the mud. The 1st Atv that tried to pull me out got stuck just as bad (Vinion 500 4x4). It took 1 1/2 hours 50 plus feet of Tow Cable and the largest Polaris with a winch that I have ever seen. With my budy pushing, Me pulling, having ramps fed under and the winch pulling we finally got the 04 Rancher out of its muddy grave. After an hour I seriously was thinking of stories to tell the insurance company. Anyone else have any funny stories like that

Old 03-29-2004, 03:21 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

had a run in with a frozen river one time

go ahead and bury a few,,,,,just let me know where you leave em[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-29-2004, 03:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I thought I was going to have to do some walking once. I flooded out my Recon while playing in a creek. I got it going and slowly drove it home.

I had to leave my 59' ****** up on the mountain once. I was trying some smaller tires out (usually had 36's on it) and decided to go berry picking. I was trying to drive around a mud hole and slid into it. (I NEVER got stuck with the 36's on it.) We had to walk off the rattlesnake infested mountain in our bare feet for almost 2 hours.

Old 03-29-2004, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

A friend of mine buried an XL500 right to the top of the seat once, only thing that kept it from sinking was a plank we stuffed under the frame rails under the seat. Took a 3/4 ton Chevy in 4WD to pull it out. Almost an insurance job...

Old 03-29-2004, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

I had to leave my big bear in the woods for 2 nights once becuase the cops were at the end of the trails waiting for us to come out. I camoed it up and was there when i came back

Old 03-29-2004, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

polaris sunk in water/frozen/mud bars were under, my vinson+ his winch+ my winch+ 4x4 locker, barely pulled him out, we were contumplateing leaving it and going and getting a few more bikes, or his truck, the motor was hydroed, and we got it running after uhh 7-10 oil changes i belive..........

I NEVER WANT THAT TO HAPPEN AGAIN.

Old 03-30-2004, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: fidge1
I had to leave my big bear in the woods for 2 nights once becuase the cops were at the end of the trails waiting for us to come out. I camoed it up and was there when i came back
what'd you do to get the cops after you in the first place?

Old 03-30-2004, 02:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

If the cops in his area are like the one's in mine.......Just being on a wheeler is enough to get them after you.......I had a cop chase me into the woods and he was in a Caprice and I was on my KFX400 .....Gee, I wonder who got away......HEHE....I bet the roost looked cool from his vantage point.....LOL

Old 03-30-2004, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

I had cops chaceing me in the quarry all the time, I think its because the moraine hills state park links to it, boy, they get pretty P-Oed when you tear up park property, but they havent cought me yet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2004, 03:29 PM
Range Rover

You BAD BAD boys. Your sure to get a lecture from some Dudley Doright on the forum. Oh yeah and remember that mud is sacred stuff to some treehugger. And you probably killed a mud turtle or something.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever leave an ATV in the mud?