Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Please put the Hondamatic in the Rincon,HONDA!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please put the Hondamatic in the Rincon,HONDA!

I just rode a Rincon for the first time today, the handleing and ride is amazing, the the power is very good and the ergonomics are top notch. The three speed tranny would take a while to get used to but I'm sure its great for trail riding and light duty pulling. All I can think of is the Hondamatic tranny put in the Rincon, What a machine this would be,COME ON HONDA,PUT THE BEST TRANNY AND BEST CHASSIS TOGETHER AND GIVE US WHAT WE WANT. This would truly be an all purpose sport utility ATV. What do you guys and gals think of this thought?

Old 04-10-2004, 06:27 PM
Range Rover

I see your point, however I understand why Honda decided to go with the three speed. First, it has been rumored that the 650cc Rincon engine is too powerful for the Hondamatic tranny; the reliability would be very poor. Also, the Rincon was designed primarily as a sporty trail machine, with utility duties being secondary. The 3 speed tranny feels much sportier than the Hondamatic, which some people (myself included) describe as "boring" because it is so smooth and seamless. When the Rincon is shifted into automatic mode and the driver lets off the gas while in third gear, as soon as the throttle is reapplied the tranny shifts down into second gear giving the driver a thrilling burst of power that would be impossible with the Hondamatic. I very much prefer the Rincon tranny for all around riding, while I only prefer the Rubicon tranny for pulling and heavy mudding duties. Personally, I feel that Honda should simply add a low range to the existing three speed tranny. I feel this option would truly make the Rincon the best all around quad in the world.

Old 04-10-2004, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

so as your saying ATVtech1 the rincon tranny is just like a smaller version of a cars atuo tranny????

Old 04-10-2004, 08:42 PM
Range Rover

I think that the 3 speed is far superior to the hondamatic.

Old 04-10-2004, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

Hey I would be satisfied w/ a smaller version of the rincon w/ all the important things like indipendent suspention, great handaling and all the positives of the larger rincon but mabey a smaller sporty moter like the rancher at or something totaly new with a fully auto trany like the hondamatic w/ low range or a sporty shifting 5 speed or even a revised version of the 3 speed that had a little better engine breaking, but most importantly a lighter price tag mabey aroud the $6500 range would be good.

Old 04-10-2004, 11:56 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to see a good old FOOT SHIFTING MANUAL trans option in all the auto bikes.

Old 04-11-2004, 02:41 AM
Pro Rider

I love the Rincons transmission. Shifts like it has a shift kit in it! The torque multiplication is HUGE when it goes from 1-2 and it's even bigger on the 2-3 shift. It jerks my head back when it shifts into 3rd gear running wide open down a gravel road. I love it!

Old 04-11-2004, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

ATVtech1,I did not realize that was the reason Honda did not use the Hondamatic tranny in the Rincon. I would love to own the Rincon but just feel the gearing is to high for farm or utility use,I wonder how much abuse the torque converter would take on the Rincon doing low speed work or pulling?I really love the Hondamatic tranny in the Rubicon, but the ride and handling on the Rincon is just unbelievable.If Honda does put a low range on the Rincon I will own one in a heartbeat.

Old 04-13-2004, 02:00 AM
Range Rover

I second that. THers nothin like a good ol foot shift

Old 04-20-2004, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

I'm curious now. If the Rincon jerks that hard under hard acceleration, what does it do when climbing steep hills? Does it downshift hard in the middle of a steep climb or say, just as you come to a crest? I wouldn't like that.

Quick Reply: Please put the Hondamatic in the Rincon,HONDA!