Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon pipes

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004 | 11:53 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Rincon pipes

What is the best pipe for all around power for a rincon?

Old 04-28-2004 | 01:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rincon pipes

Until I hear some news about the FMF Powerline's performance gains I will continue to warn people because there are no claims to it's power. Everything else sounds great, but the power gains are nowhere to be seen yet. Diamond G Racing is making an exhaust if they don't already have it completed exclusively for the Rincon. It sounds like a good one. Stainless, no need to repack. I don't know about the sound but I'm willing to bet the performance gains will be decent to say the least. They are also making a modulator similar to what the Kawasaki Prairie riders used to be buying for plug-in performance increases, so it sounds like they're doing their homework. If I had a Rincon, I would be buying this exhaust. The both of these mods, plus hi-flow air filter and jet kit ought to really bring that 650 to life.

Old 04-28-2004 | 10:41 AM
Trailblazer
Default Rincon pipes

I currently have a MBRP Powertech on mine. Stainless steel, no repacking, welded up great sound. The tone of it is very close to stock exhaust without the spark arrestor, unlike the HMF. There is also IDSX but i dont like the fact that it has all the discs and everthing. As far as poer gains from the powertech i noticed a good amount, i went from not being able to wheelie with EDL's to wheelies on the gas tank, that is after rejetting correctly though. I have yet to hear anyone that has purchased the FMF so i can't give you much on that. HMF in my opinion is not built well, i have heard of a few instances of the end caps blowing off, plus its all held together with rivots. Diamond G is creating a pipe that runs straight out the back unlike all other pipes, which thats been in talk for almost a year. There is a guy that customized his HMF to run straight out the back but i dont think itll make much difference besides looks. As far as the module goes, Diamond G cancelled reasearching on it due to the creep control making it engage and break a few things. Highlifter had one in the works but about 2 weeks ago stated their cancellation on research also. Its very dissapointing from both companys because the timing is so retarded, so is just about everything else on the Rincon. If i only had the time i could go on and on and on about what things Honda held back on.

Old 04-28-2004 | 06:30 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Rincon pipes

So you say I should go with a MRBP Powertech and she will weelie.

Old 04-28-2004 | 06:32 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Rincon pipes

Sorry MBRP

Old 04-29-2004 | 09:39 AM
Trailblazer
Default Rincon pipes

I am not particulary saying go with the MBRP. I was just giving my experience with it. They will all give you some power, HMF claims to give more power but ive heard it isnt that noticable. What youll have to take into consideration is what it is You want. Do you want loud and have to maintenance?? Do you want a little deeper than stock sound without maintenance??

Old 04-29-2004 | 05:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rincon pipes

I've heard good things about HMF for the rinnie

Old 04-29-2004 | 10:43 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Rincon pipes

If you had the choice for great axcell and wheelies, fast trail riding and some mud with liability which pipe would you go for.

Old 04-30-2004 | 08:38 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Rincon pipes

Hey, BigRedRinny why are trying to sell your Rincon.

Old 04-30-2004 | 09:13 AM
Trailblazer
Default Rincon pipes

Im not bashing the HMF, its a good pipe, offers good power, but nothing more noticeable than the MBRP. If you like to ride around with an obnoxious sounding pipe behind you then go for it. Like i stated before sound and craftsmanship was my main reason for buying the MBRP. I have heard a few storied of the HMF just blowing apart, plus if youever decide to snorkel it, have fun lol. And for the question of why im selling mine---- I'm going full time to school for Anesthesiologist(its what im working for) plus i work full time at the Local Hospital so i dont have much time to ride, only day out of the week i do get to ride is on a sunday, plus im still paying on it. I just can't find a legitimate reason to be paying for something that sits up more than being used.

Quick Reply: Rincon pipes