Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

450r against banshee

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 11:00 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450r against banshee

I went to Sandlake today with a buddy of mine, After a bit of ridin he calls me out. Now I'm thinkin I dont have paddles on but WTF, we lined up 4 seperate times and out of thos only once was he able to holeshot me and then he couldnt pull away.the other three times I holeshoted him and stayed out front, he couldnt catch me and I couldnt pull away. Gosh I wish I wouldve had paddles. His shee is an 2000, has rad valves/reeds, pro circuit pipes and k&n filters. This isnt a FLAMER, it just what happened. On every hill I destroyed him, from a dead stop he couldnt touch me but from a roll it was pretty even. Pretty good for a bone stock 450 without paddles. Wait till I get a pipe and a few other goodies he'll be in trouble then[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2004, 11:05 PM
Trailblazer

I believe you. I went to the dunes while I was stock. I had paddles though and I beat 80% of the piped "stock" banshees in the 300ft drags. Of course the serious dune banshees ran off in the dust, but I did pretty well against most of the piped ones. There were a few highly modded YFZ's doing very well out there and one kid on a piped TRX doing well too.

Old 04-28-2004, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

My 03 400ex is as fast or faster than the new 450R I didn't think it was possible without a bore kit but man this baby is pretty quick for a stock bored 400ex. I took alot of time figuring out the best parts. I wanted to make sure they were as close to matched as possible What sprockets are on those 450's I'am curious because I just bought a Renthal 14 tooth and was looking for some more bottom end grunt being when I lightend my flywheel it took a little power off the bottom end. This thing Revs like a 2 stroke now. I would like to race a new 450R. just to see really how competitive it is. Mine was just compared by the service manager at the Honda shop but this guy knows his stuff been racing for years. I will be at SandLake Memorial Day weekend mabey we can hook up and test em out.

Old 04-29-2004, 01:26 AM
Range Rover

Hey sounds good to me, but I may head south for memorial day. I haven't quite fiqured things out yet but I'll add you to my buddy list and let ya know as soon as i know

Old 04-29-2004, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

Ya I was thinking about relocating to the Sheridan Tillamook area how are the jobs in the area and is the property pretty decent. I want to move closer to the sand cause I just can't get enough of that stuff.

Old 04-29-2004, 10:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

sandrider i wish i lived by you i would make you eat some sand. your bike wont run with a 450 thats retarded

Old 04-30-2004, 09:29 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally posted by: Sandrider503
My 03 400ex is as fast or faster than the new 450R I didn't think it was possible without a bore kit but man this baby is pretty quick for a stock bored 400ex. I took alot of time figuring out the best parts. I wanted to make sure they were as close to matched as possible What sprockets are on those 450's I'am curious because I just bought a Renthal 14 tooth and was looking for some more bottom end grunt being when I lightend my flywheel it took a little power off the bottom end. This thing Revs like a 2 stroke now. I would like to race a new 450R. just to see really how competitive it is. Mine was just compared by the service manager at the Honda shop but this guy knows his stuff been racing for years. I will be at SandLake Memorial Day weekend mabey we can hook up and test em out.
So, your 400ex, stock bore, is as fast or FASTER than a 450R? And you haven't even raced a 450R yet? How can you make a statement like that? I can give my son a head start on his 400EX and my 450R will eat it alive! You have a surprises coming to you the first time you line up against a 450R in Sand Lake.
The service manager was certainly blowing smoke up your a$$. And you took it all in.
Good luck in the drags, you'll need it.

Old 04-30-2004, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

I'm serious this thing is really built just right with the things I've done it makes a tremendous difference. You have to understand the 450R and 400ex have a extremely heavy flywheel do to the fact that it is pretty much a dirtbike Flywheel I had a machineshop work of the Flywheel you would be amazed at how much extra weight is on there. Were I have the advantage over the 450r is my 400ex has had some good thought into the compression of the quad which means it doesn't hesitate like most 4strokes on the powerband. Also my 400 pretty much revs like a 2stroke. I'm not saying that I would trash a 450r all I'am saying that with the componets and well thought out gameplan. If everthing works out like planned I will have the same output or really close output of the 450r. The reason I haven't really had a chance to get on it is because the cam and springs are still getting broke in I'm taking it easy so I don't have to spend 400.00 dollars on a set of hard faced rockers.

Old 04-30-2004, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

banshees usually have a little trouble hooking up on the start thats why it was closer when he had a rolling start, but i dont know a whole lot about sand drags you should have raced him on the blacktop

Old 04-30-2004, 10:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

funny i see a lot of banshees hook up well in the sand.

Quick Reply: 450r against banshee