Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

carb rebuild kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb rebuild kit

bought a rebuild kit for my rancher, kinda of a dumb question, but if i replace everything in the kit, do i have to have the carburator readjusted and tuned? im curious cus i actually don't know the answer

Old 05-30-2004, 01:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default carb rebuild kit

Usually the carb rebuilt kit is a waste of money. 95% of the time, either a passage or a jet is plugged, and just needs to be cleaned out. And yes , youll need to do an adjustment on the mixture screw. Before you unscrew the mixture screw, turn it in lightly, and count the number of turns til it bottoms out. Dont use alot of force, because the needle can be deformed, when it bottoms out. After you remove the mixture screw, to blow out the passage, when you put it back in, go all the way in, and back out to where it was. That should get you close, and you can adjust from there.
Heres web sites on doing it. Just keep things clean, and remember how things come apart, so you can put it back together.

carb1
carb2

Old 05-30-2004, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default carb rebuild kit

honda thanks for the info, im actually having a overflow issue with the rancher pouring gas out the line, something is getting hung up or something, have taken it apart 10 times and cleaned it flawlessly, the vehicle runs beatiful, just going to start replacing the float pin and the floats and the gas valve or whatever you call it may not even install all the parts, just trying desperatly to stop this gas leak

Old 05-31-2004, 12:21 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default carb rebuild kit

It all gets down to the needle and seat, its either being held open, or its prevented from being closed. Could it be assembled incorrectly?
Make sure you turn the gas valve on the tank to off, when its not running, you dont want the gas to wash down the cylinder, and get into the oil.
Is it possible that the float is saturated, with gas, or for some reason too heavy?Does it swing freely, from the hinge pin?Look carefully at the mating surface of the needle and seat, and use some very fine steel wool to polish them up.

Old 05-31-2004, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default carb rebuild kit

lol don't know man, it moves beatifully, its plastic float i have no idea how plastic can be saturated, it can't absorb, anyway im replacing the float hing ping the valve, and everything dealing with it, and yes it is assembled correctly, quite similar to a regular lawn mower, and i work on those all the time, anyway i allways turn gas off, 2nd nature now that it leaks so bad, sometimes i have to turn it off while riding cus its pouring so bad, till it gets unhung, anyway im ripping it apart and puttin all new parts in hope its something stuipid just want the issue fixed