Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

gas in my eye... OW!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 04:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gas in my eye... OW!

well i was messin with my carb tryin to fix the high idle speed, and i was looking inside it and the metal flap that keeps air from going out wasn't closing all the way, so i pressed the throttle and it opend and closed but didn't close all the way as usuall. So i pressed the throttle again to see if it might be stuck at the bottom and right when i pressed it, a thin stream of gas comes shooting out fast (like a water pistol) and goes straight into the center of my eye. (good aim, huh?) Damn it stung like a bltch. so i flushed my eye out for 10 minutes. just curous to know if this has happend to anyone else, and maybe it will prevent it from happening to somone [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2004, 07:04 AM
Pro Rider

Happened to me today while working on my gs1100, I was cleaning out my carbs and I reached for a can of carb cleaner, didn't look to see where the tip was pointed and ended up spraying it all over my face! That stuff dont feel too good on your lips and eyes.

Old 06-22-2004, 09:41 AM
Range Rover

You guys think it burns in the eyes?????? try getting it in the armpits........ way too painful.

I used to work on cars......... high test gas in the armpits is not a nice feeling.

Old 06-22-2004, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

My eyes are wattering just reading this thread. LOL

Old 06-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Elite Pro Rider

When I was in high school I worked at a pizza place. Someone asked for jalapeño on their pizza so I opened a fresh can and placed them on. After that I went to the bathroom. I always washed my hands after going to the bathroom but I never thought to wash them before. Needless to say the jalapeño juice had soaked into my skin. A few minutes after doing my business, my willie started feeling like it was in a camp fire. I went home early.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2004, 11:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Just4Kicks
When I was in high school I worked at a pizza place. Someone asked for jalapeño on their pizza so I opened a fresh can and placed them on. After that I went to the bathroom. I always washed my hands after going to the bathroom but I never thought to wash them before. Needless to say the jalapeño juice had soaked into my skin. A few minutes after doing my business, my willie started feeling like it was in a camp fire. I went home early.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
ROF....LMAO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2004, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

o man im sorry to hear that man. hahaha got a kick out of that tho

Old 06-22-2004, 01:19 PM
Royalty Rider

haha! Now thats funny! One time I was eating hot corn nuts and decided to rub my eye...I know its not as funny, but getting stuff like that in places it shouldnt really sucks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2004, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

LMAO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2004, 01:28 PM
Trailblazer

I cut my finger at work once cutting up something then put on the ol finger rubber and stuck my hand into the big-o can of Jalapenos well the juice got into the rubber and needless to say.....FU(KING OWWWWWWWW!!!!