Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

I am going 2 buy a 400ex please tell me everything!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am going 2 buy a 400ex please tell me everything!!!!!!

I am going 2 buy a 400 ex, I would like to know everything about it, how fast it goes, what its good at what it's bad at, any mechanical problems how dose it react to conditions, dose it need to be tuned up a lot, dose it respond well to mods? I now have a 2000 warrior, what will I find different.

Thanx a lot for your time!

Old 06-24-2004, 11:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

OK, first of all someone needs to slap you for buying a warrior.
going from a warrior to a 400ex is like going from a mustang to a camaro Z28.
both basically have not advanced much in the past 10 years, but the Z28(400EX) is faster, handles better, and is bulletproof.
then again whenever you compare yamaha quads to honda quads, you get the same thing!
all joking aside('cause i know i just pissed a few people off) the 400 ex is an awesome quad, the only thing you'd be losing is reverse(but then again, it only works half the time on the warrior anyway!)
but youd be gaining so much more in the feilds of power, reliability, and especially handling. ive never had a bad word to say about the 400ex, and i think anyone who has ridden one could agree with me(i wish i could say the same for the warrior!)
go for it!

Old 06-25-2004, 12:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

I have had my R for 2 months or so, and have ridden my 400 more then it in that time.

Old 06-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

Hangman you are the A holes that come around here starting flamming from Honda to yamaha..Warrior's are great reliable machines... And are 400ex's I think that making the switch from the warrior to the EX would be a great idea.. If you dont need the reverse the get a 400.. There is great aftermarket support and good cheap parts that can make this SOHC run with the new 400's witch a DOHC Liquid cooled... And stock the 400ex is not far behind at all..And the way it comes severly untuned from the factory can easily be fixed with no lid K&N with precharger or outerwears and a cheap good exhuast such as the great grunty sounding HMF Slip on...I would say that a stock Ex 63 63 MPH one black top.. The good is everything about the EX verry reliable machine.. Hardly ever see one brake down at the tracks..Yes it does need to be tuned up a lot to feel its real potential As i said before it responds great to mods.. Bad things i see about This machine is No reverse like the new 400's and the detuned fro the factory and dont get a 05 beacuase its been heard from ATV Magizines that The 400 will be even more detuned then it has in past years.. witch i dont think is possible...The 400ex will perform in any conditions good with the right tires and if you tuned her up a little bit. I think that from a warrior to a 400ex is a good bump up... I know kids that went from 300ex's to raptors and didnt kill themselfs so..

Jbomb

Old 06-25-2004, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

thanx all, im deffenitally going with the 400ex!!

Old 06-25-2004, 05:14 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I rode a Warrior for years, and was never so happy as the day I sold it and got a nice new 400EX!!!

The EX is a solid, great handling machine. A little down on power, compared to some of the newer bikes, but it mods up nicely. Get an 04 while you can (not anything earlier, because the 04 has a bigger carb)! Honda is making a big deal about how the 05 meets emissions standards, so we are expecting it to maybe be somewhat detuned????

Old 06-25-2004, 05:45 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally posted by: HangMan250f
OK, first of all someone needs to slap you for buying a warrior.
going from a warrior to a 400ex is like going from a mustang to a camaro Z28.
both basically have not advanced much in the past 10 years, but the Z28(400EX) is faster, handles better, and is bulletproof.
then again whenever you compare yamaha quads to honda quads, you get the same thing!
all joking aside('cause i know i just pissed a few people off) the 400 ex is an awesome quad, the only thing you'd be losing is reverse(but then again, it only works half the time on the warrior anyway!)
but youd be gaining so much more in the feilds of power, reliability, and especially handling. ive never had a bad word to say about the 400ex, and i think anyone who has ridden one could agree with me(i wish i could say the same for the warrior!)
go for it!
Bad analogy. If you want to compare a new Mustang to a new Z28, you can't, they don't make them anymore.

Old 06-25-2004, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

k eceriderjbomb, you totally like agree with hangman except for your first two sentances. and ya the 400 is a little behind in technology and the warrior is even more behind. there is a big diverence behind sohc and aircooled with 2 valves compared to a dohc 4 or 5 valved liquid cooled motors of today. and the last few post ive been on youve been the one coming on here and calling people a holes saying ya you better be quite oh burn kind of thing. and you say other people start flaming. im not a loyal honda or yamaha person either (kawasaki guy) but the HONDA 400ex is hands down faster, more reliable, and a better machine than the YAMAHA warrior.

Old 06-25-2004, 06:46 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.

Originally posted by: kybabyn
. there is a big diverence behind sohc and aircooled with 2 valves compared to a dohc 4 or 5 valved liquid cooled motors of today.

400 ex has 4 valves, not 2.

Old 06-25-2004, 07:25 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

tTake a good look at the Z400 too!

Quick Reply: I am going 2 buy a 400ex please tell me everything!!!!!!