Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rancher AT pulling to the right

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 04:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancher AT pulling to the right

Ever since i brought the bike home it has pulled slightly to the right. I have checked the air pressure in tires while they are cold and they match perfectly.

Anyone else have this problem

Also does anyone run their tires about the recommended 3.6 to 4.0 lbs max?

Old 06-30-2004, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

yeah..my bike pulls to the right at about 160..i dunno why[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]..haha lol jk...Maybe u have a bent tie rod or something?

Old 06-30-2004, 06:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If its done it from the beginning I'd say there is an alignment problem. Take it back to the dealer if its still under warranty. Otherwise, check your measurements on the tires. See if they are properly aligned.

Old 06-30-2004, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, if it's not tire pressure, you need to adjust the tie rods. I had to adjust mine. The front of your front tires must be the same distance apart as the rear of your front tires. Take two pieces of tape, stick them on the center of the tread of each tire, with the tape facing forward. With a pen or something, mark the center of the tire. Then push your bike until the tape is on the rear of the tires, then measure. If there are differences in distance, adjust your tie rods.

Get on the ground, pull out the cotter pins holding the tie rods in the steering knuckle. Loosen the nut, then push the tire rod up and out of the knuckle. Using a wrench, loosen the nuts keeping pressure on the tie rod ends. When loose, twist the tire rod ends left to lengthen, right to tighten. Make small adjustments, one full turn at a time, then reassemble the tie rods. Keep trying this until you can drive straight.

Note: If you aren't sure of what I'm talking about, please don't try this. Take it to a dealer. You don't want to wreck from messing with the steering. It's pretty easy to do, so don't let them charge you very much either. Good luck!