Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Help!!! Need a new Quad!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2000, 02:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please forgive my name, but I was in the dark when I purchased my 00 Scrambler 400 4x4. I realize now what a mistake I made when I bought a Polaris. I am now trying to sell it and was wondering about a 400EX. I ride mostly trails with a good amount of sand and some mud. The thing is, I have to cross through a river a few times (not too deep) back and forth to get to these trails and sand. I was just wondering if the 400EX would be a good quad for this. The Scrambler was, but its a piece of junk. I have had it for two months and already want ot get rid of it. Please help.

Old 08-11-2000, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

Can i ask what has gone wrong with it?

Old 08-11-2000, 03:24 PM
Trailblazer

The transmission slips, the front boot on the left side has a hole in it, terrible gas mileage (2-stroke). I have taken very good care of this quad. I grease it after every ride, clean it with a toothbrush. It's spotless after every ride. It's not only my polaris that has problems, two of my friends that have them also have major problems. One had to have a new transmission after only riding it 9 months. I don't know, maybe we all got lemons, but after taking such good care and spending so much money for something, I would like it to last.

Old 08-11-2000, 04:27 PM
Trailblazer

Anyone?

Old 08-11-2000, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

Who exactly are you addressing your comments at? It doesn't appear anyone is giving you any negative comments.

Sorry about your scrambler, I personally think you'd be happier with a different brand. If you like the 4wd maybe you should consider a wolverine. If not, the 400ex would be an awesome choice.

Old 08-11-2000, 04:40 PM
Trailblazer

I have two friends with ex's and all i know about them is that there FAST and dependable.

Old 08-11-2000, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

He is probably addressing any negative comments at me. The moderators must have remove my post.

I just pointed out that the problems he is having are not really problems. The hole in the boot is something that happens to all bikes. The belt slipping is going to happen if you get a Polaris belt wet, and fuel economy is not what a Scrambler400 4X4 is made for.

I am assuming the moderators did not approve of my wording or maybe they thought my reply would agitate people. I just question why someone would refer to a Polaris as junk because of the previously mentioned problems??? I know we all have our own experiences and 2000Polaris is entitled to his opinions, but the Polaris brand is bashed quite often and sometimes, I am sure it is called for, BUT in this case, the problems that were mentioned are really not problems.

If you delete this message also, please email me and tell me why.

Greg

Old 08-11-2000, 06:40 PM
Trailblazer

gregsims, you don't seem to understand what I am referring to. My quad is 2 months old and take very good care of it as I stated before. I grease it after every ride, wash it until it's spotless. The slipping of the transmission is not caused by water, it just slips for no reason. The gas mileage is an issue considering that my friends 300EX has a small 2.4 or 2.6 gallon tank and can go a lot farther than I can (4-stroke). As far as you stating that my problems aren't really problems shows me that you are just here to tell everyone how good polaris is. This is the HONDA forum and I am here to talk to people who ride HONDAS. I own a polaris and am fully aware of what they are made of and I have plenty of friends to back it up.

Old 08-11-2000, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

I have a 400ex. I think that you will have no problem with crossing those streems. I cross streams all the time that are more like rivers. You will be blown away on how smooth and how great the handling is. Just test ride one. They are reliable other than the loose screw then and there.

00 trx400ex - ac mudscreen front bumper, nacs headlight covers, powersport bandit 20 in rear tires

http://www.geocities.com/cory_14/

Old 08-11-2000, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

I am not here to tell anyone how good Polaris is. I am here to tell you that a hole in a cv boots is not Polaris's Fault. Also the Scramblers are not meant to be fuel efficient, and Isn't your bike under warranty? I am not sure what is causing your dry belt to slip but I am sure polaris will be happy to fix it if the bike is 2 months old.

I just don't see why you call it junk. Are all the Rubis junk becasue of the intitial problems they are having? Of course not and for someone to call a Rubi junk because of these problems would not be fair to the manufacturer.

No Hard Feelings... I just disagree with you.

Greg

Quick Reply: Help!!! Need a new Quad!