Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

rincon performance enhancements

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 10:58 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rincon performance enhancements

A friend of mine has a Rincon and he can't keep up with my P-700. What can he do to make his bike faster? He already has a K&N filter and a pipe. Is that module out from Diamond G racing for the rincon? Any help would be appreciated greatly (by him)
Thanks

Old 07-15-2004, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

There nothing you can do to make a 650 single keep up to 700 twin.

Old 07-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Range Rover

Come on guys, a little help here. Is there nothing that he can do to to his bike? I'm sure there is a big bore kit, but that's out of his price range. There have to be some tips to make it faster.
Thanks

Old 07-16-2004, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sirmill
Come on guys, a little help here. Is there nothing that he can do to to his bike? I'm sure there is a big bore kit, but that's out of his price range. There have to be some tips to make it faster.
Thanks
Highlifter sells a cam/piston package. Not sure who the piston is made by but the cam is made by WebCams. The piston uses stock bore, but raises the compression. The piston and cam along with the proper jetting would make a big difference. Some head porting would help also. It's gonna be hard to make a 650cc single cylinder engine bike and make it run with a 700cc twin cylinder engine bike when both at the same weight. Now, I can beat my friends 700 EFI which has twin cylinders, but if the bike weighed as much as mine it would beat me. But it doesn't weigh that much, so my Rincon is faster. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2004, 07:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Try some little things to start with.
Is the tire size stock 25 inch? If you go 26 inch it gives you higher top speed if your engin is tuned properly. Also what tire pressure are you running? A harder tire is larger than a soft tire and has less rolling resistance. Do NOT Overinflate although. I would not recomend over 5 lbs., especially if the air temp is going to soar from when you fill air in your garage to high temps in the afternoon.
Make sure your jetting is correct, not to lean (high engin temp and lack of power) or to rich, black carbon build up and again lack of power. Make sure your throttle position sensor is in the proper ohm range. There is a whole procedure to follow to check this and re initilize your computer.
Lets see, you have many things to check and adjust, and you may not have to spend a single penny.
Good luck and ride safe. Bushcrasher.
PS, you didn't mention filter. I recomend a K&N to get her breathing better.

Old 07-16-2004, 07:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Opps Sorry, you did mention a filter, you did not mention a Jet Kit. Quadworks puts out a Needleand jet assortment that meets about all needs. It also includes a different spring to give you better throttle response.
Ride safe. Bushcrasher.