Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

alarming stat, is it true ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2000, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SNOW
Thats what I thought and the rest making up the balance.Most of what you see here is POLARIS I think alot of it has to do with dealer,I know that farm machinery is that way you have good dealer in area you'll see more of that brand.It was just funny that I found that article after reading this post,It sounded alot more like the truth.I don't really see POLARIS jumping into first place but would like to see them keep the pressure on.CM

Old 08-15-2000, 01:52 AM
Range Rover

salesman talk......
to say polaris outsells honda is like saying kia outsells toyota. it ain't happening.

Old 08-15-2000, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

UP in attica IN there are at least 3-4 different Polaris dealers and only one honda dealer.

Old 08-15-2000, 02:26 AM
Pro Rider

I agree. Polaris and honda are the best two manufactuers. Just imagine what polaris could do with hondas reliability

Old 08-15-2000, 03:27 AM
Pro Rider

Yes I know why would anyone want a sportsman with real 4 wheel drive, IRS and disk brakes compared to a fancy transmission for 7k...Honda better have a lot of fear in there heart from the new 500HO...heck the rubicon is not even getting the KIng from an all Honda magazine fellows...if HOnda would come out with something that pulled all four wheels in 4 wheel drive and and had the versitility and smoothness of the IRS the KING would have something to worry about...

Old 08-15-2000, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

CM,

Polaris & Honda are the innovators in the quad manufacturing field! When was the last time Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Arctic Cat came out with something revelutionary or a ATVing first?

As was said before, some of this has to be the quality of the dealership. If they are a good dealer then people will buy from them.

It kills me how some people live in the world with blinders. Each manufacturer has their own strenths & weaknesses. Honda & Polaris are duking it out to see who is number one! This rivalry helps us the consumers by giving us better products.

Still looking for that 1999 or later RMK600 or 700 snow season is just around the corner.

Old 08-15-2000, 02:25 PM
Trailblazer

All i am seeing from most of you polaris guys is "if they could make a fourwheeler that pulled then" so now that is all we are basing stuff on is pulling ability?? what happened to reliabilty? what happened to fit and finish?? what happened to everything else.... oh well i guess if you can PULL thats all that matters, fine with me... ill stick to flying high on my X... later

Old 08-15-2000, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

BIGGIE
What is this fit & finish thing you talk of?The last time I rode with a HONDA,the back wheel fell off,nut was striped and splines on shaft striped.But now that you mention it I recall him saying,boy if it wasn't for the fit & finish I wouldn't have made it back.Oh yeah that and my junk,poorly made,unreliable,500SP that towed him out to where the truck could pick him up.Funny there wasn't anything said about the fit&finish on my quad.Honda makes fine machine,better than my 500SP I think not,but you put them on the trails there are places each is going to outshine the other and at end of day we'll all have enjoyed it.I rode with guy from AZ at MOAB earlier this year he had 450 foreman,we had great time there were times he helped me and vise versa.Just drop the mine is better than yours crap and see whats in here,some really informative info.It don't make a diff where it comes from or who said what just learn by it.CM

Old 08-15-2000, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

up here you would think that there were no other brands making atv's. at leat 70 percent of the atvs on every ride I go on are Polaris. They will take over number 1, I am not sure by 27 percent. Polaris are liked becuase they are larger, comfortable machines. Yeah the auto tranny is a big selling point. They ride better than most of the others atv's out there. The auto tranny is not just for beginers, I have owned manual clutch Warriors and a Honda 300 4x4. I am not lazy or inexperienced by any means, but for me there is not a better tranny out there then the auto tranny. I suppose it is the type and style of riding one likes to do that determines what type of tranny that person likes. I could not go back to shifting. I was a Honda man for a long while, and a Yamaha man before that but I won't buy anything but Polaris, they are awesome and it shows with them either being number 1 right now or coming close.

Old 08-15-2000, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

i so disagree with there being only old Hondas around that is crap. I ride with several 4-6 year old Polaris atv's that run great and have had no trouble, the S**T you hear about Polaris is mostly over blown.I ride with a couple 1980's yamahas and a Suzuki 230 Quasport 1986. there are allot of older Kaw, Yams and Suzukis running around. I hate to tell you but to be number 2 over Yamaha , Kawasaki and Suzuki you have to be doing something right they all make good atv's. This is 2000 not 1990 Polaris is a different company when it comes to the long lasting qualities of there atv's. Why do you think I switched? from watching other people's Polaris machines.

Quick Reply: alarming stat, is it true ?